Gepida Nedao Beach Cruiser Electric Bike

Oiseaux

Pedelecer
Jan 19, 2011
La roche Posay, Vienne, France
I have been following the Yamaha crank drive thread with interest as I also am a "only buy mk2 and above" character. I always note with due reverence the comments by Flecc (blessed be his name!) and his store of never ending snippets of info and consequently have followed the link to Gepida. Recognising a long time ago that I haven't quite reached that stage of being able to label myself as 'grown up', (I am only sixty six after all) I am quite taken with the non conventional lines of the Compy which has already been discussed and about which I am awaiting a reply to certain questions posed by email 1 week ago !!!!!!) Now I have 'discovered' this little artistic OTT gem which has for me a certain 'joie de vivre'

It's supplied by E-Bikes Direct and I am wondering whether anyone has any info. advice, experience etc. with relation to the model or the company.

Oiseaux

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hi Oiseaux
Cant help you with the pictured bike, sorry, but regarding your unanswered email about the Compy.....my advice would be to re-send as Phil usually answers by mail or phone immediately in my experience.....like you, I have had LOTS of questions which he has taken up on my behalf direct with the manufacturers, if necessary, and got right back to me with the answers, so I can only presume your mail hasnt reached him.
Try again...they are great bikes :)

Best wishes in your search for ''the one''

Lynda

JoeJackTalc

Just Joined
Jul 5, 2011
I got one of these last week.
The first thing you will notice is it is kind of big. The wheels and handle bars are just plain big. The mudguards are an off white yellow which I don't think the original picture shows very well.
It is very comfortable to ride. The saddle and the wheels take most of the bumps out of the road with a general soft bounce as you cycle. Generally you are cycling in a laid back position holding onto the handlebars as you lean back.
The motor works very well and you are running at 25km/h* most of the time. You can out cycle the motor which I found I couldn't do with other electric bikes. Got it to 37 km/h* on the flat cycle hard. It is a little nosier than other electric bikes but still not really noticeable.
I am getting good distance on a charge but this is where the * into play. I bought a cheap cycle computer that seems to be judging my distance as longer than I can work out using on-line maps. It seems to be right on the speed given the data provided from what the bike is meant to do. I checked it several times for the settings but it seems to be right. The distance per charge seems to be 80-90km. The battery is also very compact and easy to get it out with the key. . Not a big issue but worth noting the charger is pretty big and the battery has to be removed to charge

Things to note for this bike considering the price is it lacks some features . Firstly the controller isn't removable. There is no speed indication on the controller. There are no lights with the bike which is a bigger problem as considering the styling it is hard to find something that will match. It doesn't really have anyway to attach a carrier on the back and even the seat stem ones will be an issue due to the shape of the frame.
Ultimately the bike is about style and comfort. Switch off the motor and it is still comfortable to ride and not as heavy as it would appear. Comparing it to the Twist it is actually lighter and also better balanced by having the battery in the centre.
It is a head turner. Kids think it is "cool" and tell you so. Adults do also stop and ask me about it and seem to like the retro styling. There are definitely a few sniggers too. Still you feel pretty good cycling it due to the comfort and I love the retro styling the more I use it.