Giant Explore E+1 Pro

DavidHolden

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 16, 2020
Thanks for replying mate, I think I'm going to wait to see what the spec of the 2021 DailyTour is. I was thinking of getting one of the Explore bikes but I saw the DailyTour with the Gates Carbon Drive and that became top of my list purely for that reason. I would like more power but you do sacrifice distance for that though.

Is the difference between 60Nm and 80Nm really that much? It says the 60Nm gives you 300% support and the 80Nm gives you 360% support.

Mark *

Oct 14, 2021
Hi
I tried the Dailytour E+1, very nearly bought it as it is a very good bike. Then I tried the Explore +1 Pro and the difference in power (an extra 20Nm) was night and day. My fitness levels aren’t great though, so the extra assistance on the hills was very welcome. More expensive, but worth it in my opinion. I’ve put a Brooks saddle on it and a suspension seatpost and it’s a very comfortable and powerful bike now. I love it. But you won’t be short changed with the Dailytour E+1, great bike and good spec too

Mark *

Oct 14, 2021
Would love to know your thoughts on the Explore + 1 pro ? and see some pics if poss.

many thanks.

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
I wouldn't be concerned about that, you'll be able to change the assistance levels to settings that suit you, the less assistance of course and the greater the range.
Giant make good strong bikes and after over a thousand miles and a lot of hills I'm extremely pleased with the performance, build quality and component quality of mine as I think you will be with yours.
I'm 92 kilo, and pedal hard at times, there's no appreciable drive train wear though I do look after my bikes and keep them clean and lubricated.
I've been "electric" for several years starting with a front hub motor, then a rear hub and finally after a great deal of research the mid drive Giant which for my requirements is the one I prefer. I still use the rear hub bike (Woosh Kit), it's excellent and would certainly be many peoples first choice for commuting but having said that I would be happy to use the Giant as there isn't much effort required if the higher assist levels were used.
Andy is trying to be helpful and informative, he's never owned a mid drive but still of course entitled to his opinion though not gleaned from his personal experience.
There don't seem to be many Giant owners on the forum maybe we should start a Giant thread!
They will seem long days until your bike arrives:)
Dave.
Well here is another Giant owner who also started up with a front hub motor, in one of the first Powerbyke Euro models in 2000. Bought to go to work. Still use it in retirement, for shopping in town.....who would nick a near 40 kilo bike. The next was a rear hub conversion on a Giant full suspension bike already owned, which was fine, if not perfectly balanced for 7-Stanes trails, up to but not including Black! Finally, having had an invite to Switzerland, I bought a Giant Trance E+3 with the Yamaha motor, since the rear hub bike was not legal there (it has a throttle!) It made for a wonderful holiday and I was amazed at the steep slopes it could handle compared to the rear hub. It was over 3 times the price though. I use all 3 regularly.....horses for courses.
towner

Reactions: Mark *