Giant FastRoad E+2 Pro Battery Issues

Roo

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 22, 2020
I have had this bike for 3 weeks and experiencing the same issues..Shut off 7x in a 15 k ride really annoying.. Phone Giant Twickenham for some advice following reading this.. They didn't seem to be aware of any issues..
Took it back to Rutland cycling Milton Keynes who seem keen to help. I really don't wont to carry on with hassle love the bike ..Shame about this issue
Thinking about Specialized VADO sl 5.0 2020 would be interested to know where you ended up..

Roo

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 22, 2020
Hi Rich, I'm getting a Giant Defy 2021 model replacement, they have replaced everything except battery and motor. Such a shame. I have a Giant Fathom ebike and no problems, have done heaps of kms on it.

Reactions: Rich2474

Rich2474

Just Joined
Jun 28, 2020
Hi Rich, I'm getting a Giant Defy 2021 model replacement, they have replaced everything except battery and motor. Such a shame. I have a Giant Fathom ebike and no problems, have done heaps of kms on it.
Thanks for the reply Roo Checked out the Defy..Really nice. :) I've got to go for Part elec due to a bad knee..So I might wait out for the Specialized Vado Sl 5.0 and see how I get on.. What a palva..Have fun on the bike bro.. :)

patersont

Just Joined
Mar 6, 2021
My fastroad ex pro 2020 system has just started to switch off during my commute as soon as I hit a bump, the Giant store said to remove and check,wipe the connections which I did. The problem still occurred so I dropped it into the store. I got a call today saying the fix is a software update but it can’t be applied to the smaller capacity battery on the 2020 model ☹ bad news I thought until he said Giant will be upgrading the battery to the new 500w battery which has the latest software to fix the issue and under warranty

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
My fastroad ex pro 2020 system has just started to switch off during my commute as soon as I hit a bump, the Giant store said to remove and check,wipe the connections which I did. The problem still occurred so I dropped it into the store. I got a call today saying the fix is a software update but it can’t be applied to the smaller capacity battery on the 2020 model ☹ bad news I thought until he said Giant will be upgrading the battery to the new 500w battery which has the latest software to fix the issue and under warranty
How is software affected by bumps in the road? Hello!!

patersont

Just Joined
Mar 6, 2021
Hello! No idea to be honest the bike technician said it was a sensitivity issue which is fixed via a software issue but this can’t be applied the the smaller battery pack. I presume the sensitivity link is due to the fact the whole system switches off hence the software comment.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Good software is resilient to input errors and intermittent hardware connection issues, bad software is not.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Hello! No idea to be honest the bike technician said it was a sensitivity issue which is fixed via a software issue but this can’t be applied the the smaller battery pack. I presume the sensitivity link is due to the fact the whole system switches off hence the software comment.
I'm agreeing with VFR400, but if I was you, I'd say nothing until they upgrade you to a new free battery :)

Then after you get it, and the issue continues or comes back, THEN you can make a fuss :D:D

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Good software is resilient to input errors and intermittent hardware connection issues, bad software is not.
Sounds like 'modern' western medicine.
Don't fix the actual problem, just mask the symptoms, LOL.

Sefutau2020

Just Joined
Mar 15, 2022
Hello...I am having the exact same issue with my new 2021 Giant Fastroad E+ EX Pro. The shop is offering a full refund, or swapping it out for a Trek Allant+ 7s. After reading this thread, I think I am going to jump ship. I also own a 2021 Explore E+ 2 and Roam E+ 4 GTS, and neither of these bikes have ever had a problem...so I suspect there is a design flaw with these bikes. This should not be happening, and it doesn't bode well for years of trouble free riding.