Giant Talon E+ Sport or Haibike HardNine 5

lewis_oneill123

Just Joined
Mar 21, 2021
Currently torn between which bike to choose. Both bikes are priced at £2,500. Likely to be used locally on small trails and paths with nothing too intense.

I like the styling of the Giant and its 70nm of output is a solid selling point for me. The Giant has lockout suspension unlike the Haibike.

The Haibike brand seems to be more of a goto brand at this price range however it has a slightly lower power output at 65nm. The haibike also comes equipped with a display unlike the Giant's Syncdrive system.

What are the key differences between the Giant SyncDrive Sport motor and the Bosch Performance line besides the 5nm difference? Any differences in reliability and support? Thanks in advance

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
The lockout on the suntour fork is notorious for ceasing to function quite soon after you get it. But other than that they are pretty Even Stevens.

Slightly up - and we are talking £100 more is the Cube Reaction hybrid one.
Bosch Performance CX Generation 4 (85Nm)
slightly better in the drivetrain department. On the cube its mid range deore, and its also 10 speed.
Choice of 3 sizes on the Hai', 4 on the giant, but 6 on the cube
Brakes are similar, though i would rate the shimano's over the tektros. rotors are better quality too. Tyres are better.
As to the rest its quite similar.

Aesthetics wise. Both the Hai' and the giant have me looking for a bag to be sick into. The cube is much nicer styling.
Cube lists in at 23.2kg. Giant is coming back at 23kg, Hai i cant find, but it will be about that too.

I'd also take a look at Focus - JARIFA² 6.6 SEVEN £2799
Scott Aspect Eride 930 -£2799 625wh bosch, much better wheels

lewis_oneill123

Just Joined
Mar 21, 2021
The lockout on the suntour fork is notorious for ceasing to function quite soon after you get it. But other than that they are pretty Even Stevens.

Slightly up - and we are talking £100 more is the Cube Reaction hybrid one.
Bosch Performance CX Generation 4 (85Nm)
slightly better in the drivetrain department. On the cube its mid range deore, and its also 10 speed.
Choice of 3 sizes on the Hai', 4 on the giant, but 6 on the cube
Brakes are similar, though i would rate the shimano's over the tektros. rotors are better quality too. Tyres are better.
As to the rest its quite similar.

Aesthetics wise. Both the Hai' and the giant have me looking for a bag to be sick into. The cube is much nicer styling.
Cube lists in at 23.2kg. Giant is coming back at 23kg, Hai i cant find, but it will be about that too.

I'd also take a look at Focus - JARIFA² 6.6 SEVEN £2799
Scott Aspect Eride 930 -£2799 625wh bosch, much better wheels
I have to agree that the Cube is a great looking bike but sourcing that in a medium is proving to be a tall task currently. The same applies for the Focus and the Scott.
Would you say the extra 5nm of power from the Yamaha motor is a worthy selling point or is that minimal when comparing the Yamaha to the Bosch. If it was possible I would likely opt for a bike with the Gen 4 Bosch motor but they seem to be like gold dust at the minute.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015