going round in circles

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I have wavered with the woosh gale and eWayfarer but as the eWayfarer is 4kg lighter thats most likely the one. Unfortunatly they are out of stock till the end of November
There is not much difference in weight. They are made with similar components.
All the aluminium Chinese 20" folders with battery behind seat post weigh about 21kgs - 22kgs with battery. You've got to convert a Dahon folding bike to cut down a couple of kgs.

Last edited:

bikertj1981

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2015
Hi
Just reading the thread. I have had an etourer for over 2 years now and try and get out most days (more in summer!) I have only had trouble with rear spokes breaking which I think was down to me not checking after first few rides. Pro rider sent me spares as required no problem and it has now settled down. Recommend you make sure they stay tight for a few weeks, get a spoke spanner. The battery still holds its charge and I cannot see any deterioration in performance. About 30 m Max a charge. Using pedals on low power. Milage drops if using higher settings.
I think they put price up when low on stock so they can say advertised at higher price when they do have stock and want to sell some.
Also know someone with a woosh and he is pleased with that.

Hope this helps.

Graham

good to know thanks

bikertj1981

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2015
There is not much difference in weight. They are made with similar components.
All the aluminium Chinese 20" folders with battery behind seat post weigh about 21kgs - 22kgs with battery. You've got to convert a Dahon folding bike to cut down a couple of kgs.

the eWayfarer is only suppose to be 19kg with the battery

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
what did they weigh it with? ask anyone who's got one of them to tell you.

Here is the ewayfarer:

and here is the Gale:

spot the difference.
Hatti says the Gale weighs 23kgs because she weighs the bike herself.

eBoy

Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2014
I think I would go for the Woosh Gale, Biker TJ. Bafang motor, puncture-resistant tyres and that neat 'chainguard' round the chainwheel! And if, say, you are lifting the folded bike into the boot of a car, it is simple to lighten the load by taking off the battery first!

Last edited:

bikertj1981

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2015
what did they weigh it with? ask anyone who's got one of them to tell you.

spot the difference.
Hatti says the Gale weighs 23kgs because she weighs the bike herself.

I don't see much of a difference between the 2, I got the weight off the website.

bikertj1981

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2015
I think I would go for the Woosh Gale, Biker TJ. Bafang motor, puncture-resistant tyres and that neat 'chainguard' round the chainwheel! And if, say, you are lifting the folded bike into the boot of a car, it is simple to lighten the load by taking off the battery first!
do you know what kind or make of motor is on your eWayfarer? On the picture on the website the eWayfarer seems to have a chain guard. If the motor is as good as the gale the only two diferences I can see are the punture resistant tyres on the gale and the weight: Gale 23kg, eWayfarer 19kg from what I'm told unless you know otherwise? Has the eWayfarer changed since you got your 4 years ago?

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
And once you put on the panniers or bag on the rack the weight starts to climb! my cyclamatic foldaway when bare is about 23 KGs.
Still can not see a suspension seat post in them pictures:rolleyes:

bikertj1981

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2015
I have emailed both Woosh and Pro Rider at the weekend to get their imput and so far only Pro Rider have responded. Good news from them is the bikes are built in the UK and the parts are from eastern Europe (they keep all parts in stock for warrenty issues) and they have a 5* home warrenty meaning they will collect, repair and return. All sound good to me.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Good news from them is the bikes are built in the UK and the parts are from eastern Europe..
that's the first time I've heard that Prorider's e-bike parts are from Eastern Europe.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I have emailed both Woosh and Pro Rider at the weekend to get their imput and so far only Pro Rider have responded. .
Hello Tracey,

I replied to you on the 7th November.
Could you check your spam folder? it may still be there.

Tony

bikertj1981

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2015
Hello Tracey,

I replied to you on the 7th November.
Could you check your spam folder? it may still be there.

Tony
sorry Tony I can't find it there is a good chance if it went in the junk folder I may have deleted it without seeing it. Could you resend it?

Thanks
Tracey

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
done.

bikertj1981

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2015
after almost going dizzy trying to decide which bike to go for I have gone from - I'm getting the eWayfarer then the Gale. Now after some discussion with family I may be wavering away from 20in wheels to 24in as scooters with small wheels are not that nice to rider but a motorbike with a longer wheel base and bigger wheels are much nicer to rider. The other thing is I'm use to 24in wheels.

I think that limits me to the Woosh Petite.

Does anyone know of other 24in wheel ebikes in the same sort of price range?

Thanks again

Tracey