gonna have a new one

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Hi all good peeps as you probably know i had my Alien Gents stolen a few weeks ago but the insurance people have coughed up no problem what so ever in fact i am a little bit better off :eek: i am now looking at the eZee Sprint GTS i think it looks well good so i am putting out the feelers to your good selfs if you have heard any negetive opinions on this partiular bike your feedback would be much appreciated :confused:

C

Cyclezee

A good choice lessped. You won't be disappointed, the Sprint GTS is an excellent bike.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Your choice is interesting to me,as someone who has to make choices over bulk purchases of bikes....the Sprint GTS appears to mix a number of features which I would not normally combine....trust I have read the spec correctly...the Sprint appears to have an upright riding stance,with curved handlebars but it also has 26" wheels,disc brakes but it also has a long range battery making the bike relatively heavy. I find it unusual to mix those features,not necesarily wrong just not my decisions. The 26" wheels and disc brakes I find combine well with an mountain bike style,but with straight handlebars and Deore derailleur gears. The curved handlebars I find combine well with 700c wheels and rim brakes and Nexus hub gears The Sprint GTS is a combination of a number of styles but for you it obviously works well. We did experiment with long range batteries,above our usual 10Ah but our wish to stay with LifePo4 batteries makes the bike relatively heavy-however some customers have chosen to buy a second 10Ah LifePo4-some customers have reported getting 60 miles out of these batteries so 2 batteries could give 100 plus miles. Also this has the flexibility of only carrying the second battery when needed,these batteries are inexpensive at only £208.80 each so this can be an economical option.
I am currently working on our 2012 Kudos range,so your choices are most interesting to me.
Dave
Kudos Cycles

C

Cyclezee

Your choice is interesting to me,as someone who has to make choices over bulk purchases of bikes....the Sprint GTS appears to mix a number of features which I would not normally combine....trust I have read the spec correctly...the Sprint appears to have an upright riding stance,with curved handlebars but it also has 26" wheels,disc brakes but it also has a long range battery making the bike relatively heavy. I find it unusual to mix those features,not necesarily wrong just not my decisions. The 26" wheels and disc brakes I find combine well with an mountain bike style,but with straight handlebars and Deore derailleur gears. The curved handlebars I find combine well with 700c wheels and rim brakes and Nexus hub gears The Sprint GTS is a combination of a number of styles but for you it obviously works well. We did experiment with long range batteries,above our usual 10Ah but our wish to stay with LifePo4 batteries makes the bike relatively heavy-however some customers have chosen to buy a second 10Ah LifePo4-some customers have reported getting 60 miles out of these batteries so 2 batteries could give 100 plus miles. Also this has the flexibility of only carrying the second battery when needed,these batteries are inexpensive at only £208.80 each so this can be an economical option.
I am currently working on our 2012 Kudos range,so your choices are most interesting to me.
Dave
Kudos Cycles
Hi Dave,

Perhaps I can answer a couple of your queries about the eZee Sprint GTS, it is tough, tried and tested worldwide.
The Sprint model is built for both comfort and performance aimed at commuting and riding for leisure, the Torq with 700c wheels is the sportier trekking style bike from eZee.

As for batteries, the 14Ah LiPo battery weighs 3.8 Kg., I don't know the weight of your 10Ah LiFePo4 batteries, but I would expect it to be similar if not more. Also, as with all eZee bikes there is the option of a dual battery setup for even greater range.

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
ok thanks guys all comments noted, apart from the tech. stuff i just liked the look of the bike . Oh by the by my insurance is just a house contents policy from RIAS . Once again thats for your respose to my post

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Your choice is interesting to me,as someone who has to make choices over bulk purchases of bikes....I am currently working on our 2012 Kudos range,so your choices are most interesting to me.
Dave
Kudos Cycles
Dave, one thing that I have found is that both the upright bikes I have bought have needed handlebar config changes to suit me. i.e Bar Ends and a TRIBAR. If your going to marketing a extreme fast commuting bike (or a commuting/leisure bike) then having handlebars that either include these or at least allow for the addition would be great. And from a marketing point of view a bike with these things looks so much better IMO .. and if I were a dealer I would be looking at onboard multiple camera systems ... and I mean with at least two cameras in the front and rear of the frame ... someone is going to do this soon ..

Bob_about

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2009
Warks/Glos Border
Hello Lessped

After much research and test runs in 2009/10 I choose a Sprint GTS XR (dual battery) and bought one last year in February. Almost 3500 miles later and I remain of the opinion it is a well specc`d, strong, durable and high quality machine capable of many more miles.

See Photos Here

The hub gears work well, shift quickly, can be changed at traffic lights and offer enough gears as the motor assist makes more gears unecessary - they are also virtually maintenance free and easy to clean.

The handlebars are almost straight - I added ergon bar ends to mine (see photos) which gives a variety of riding positions. The seat and handlebars can also be adjusted to a height combination which suits your riding style - I had mine reasonably level giving a good fast commute posture - a more relaxed approach is possible.

The motor is very powerful and with a cheeky derestrict switch it will assist up to and beyond 20mph if you are into that sort of thing. I have not found a hill in the Coteswolds it wont handle, but I`m sure North Wales could beat it!

I also find the bike useable with the power turned off and when I was using it alot would regularly cover the first 10 miles of my morning commute with the power off.

My personal opinion is that the Sprint GTS is a handsome beast, impressive "in the flesh" and I have always felt it gave a commanding position on the road which helped me feel safe. I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone lookimng for a high quality machine - I`m sure the guys at OnBike will be very pleased to let you test one out and compare it with others in their shop.

Good luck with your selection, and if you do buy a Sprint I`m sure you will not regret it.

All the best

Bob_about

tangent

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2010
Kudos Cycles, I have a Giant Lafree bike, based on the original version of the Panasonic crank drive. This has 26" wheels, curvy handlebars and internal hub gears. For a while I had a Derby cycles bike, similar to the Kalkhoff Agattu, which was quite similar to the Lafree, but has 700c wheels is a bit heavier and arguably better made. Of the 2 bikes, I actually prefer the feel of the Giant Lafree, mainly I think because of the 26" wheels. I commute in London about 15 miles per day and have frequent stops, starts and variations in speed. The Giant just feels nippier and I can only put this down to the lower moment of inertia of the wheels. If I had very long stretches of road where I could maintain a steady speed, then I agree that the 700c wheels would probably be the better, but for stop/start commuting in London the 26" wheels seem a better choice to me.

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Hello Lessped

After much research and test runs in 2009/10 I choose a Sprint GTS XR (dual battery) and bought one last year in February. Almost 3500 miles later and I remain of the opinion it is a well specc`d, strong, durable and high quality machine capable of many more miles.

See Photos Here

The hub gears work well, shift quickly, can be changed at traffic lights and offer enough gears as the motor assist makes more gears unecessary - they are also virtually maintenance free and easy to clean.

The handlebars are almost straight - I added ergon bar ends to mine (see photos) which gives a variety of riding positions. The seat and handlebars can also be adjusted to a height combination which suits your riding style - I had mine reasonably level giving a good fast commute posture - a more relaxed approach is possible.

The motor is very powerful and with a cheeky derestrict switch it will assist up to and beyond 20mph if you are into that sort of thing. I have not found a hill in the Coteswolds it wont handle, but I`m sure North Wales could beat it!

I also find the bike useable with the power turned off and when I was using it alot would regularly cover the first 10 miles of my morning commute with the power off.

My personal opinion is that the Sprint GTS is a handsome beast, impressive "in the flesh" and I have always felt it gave a commanding position on the road which helped me feel safe. I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone lookimng for a high quality machine - I`m sure the guys at OnBike will be very pleased to let you test one out and compare it with others in their shop.

Good luck with your selection, and if you do buy a Sprint I`m sure you will not regret it.

All the best

Bob_about
Hi Bob i must thank you for your help regarding my next purchase im' thinking the ezee is the one for me and yes i will try the folks at onbike just as soon as the cheque clears and i get a little bit more money together might be a few months yet but at least i know where i will invest it thanks to you all for your help .. what a great forum this is ..cheers n beers for now T.J. Oh your pics are great the bike looks a treat ..!

Last edited:

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
bar bits

Hi Bob i must thank you for your help regarding my next purchase im' thinking the ezee is the one for me and yes i will try the folks at onbike just as soon as the cheque clears and i get a little bit more money together might be a few months yet but at least i know where i will invest it thanks to you all for your help .. what a great forum this is ..cheers n beers for now T.J. Oh your pics are great the bike looks a treat ..!
Hi BOB i was just taking another look at your pics. you have a few gizmo's on your bar that i dont seem to recognise but i do like the palm rest's ..!

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Now then now then i have it i have it and what a little gem . it is too . i am so impressed with the whole package even the throttle control had to get used to it but it suits me cos i am a little lazy so if i dont keep the throttle on i have to use peddal power and that is what i need to do exercise wise if you get my drift . So now i am stuck with this batt. and charger from the Alien Gents i had a second hand lock fitted ok the only thing is the locking pin underneath dont work and the front plastic case around the lock is cracked but i know the batt. is good maybe it might be good for a spare or project if it could be lashed on to carrier frame maybe someone might be able to use it ? .cheers n beers for now ..T.J. ..P.S The guys at OnBike were brill.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Now then now then i have it i have it and what a little gem . it is too . i am so impressed with the whole package even the throttle control had to get used to it but it suits me cos i am a little lazy so if i dont keep the throttle on i have to use peddal power and that is what i need to do exercise wise if you get my drift . So now i am stuck with this batt. and charger from the Alien Gents i had a second hand lock fitted ok the only thing is the locking pin underneath dont work and the front plastic case around the lock is cracked but i know the batt. is good maybe it might be good for a spare or project if it could be lashed on to carrier frame maybe someone might be able to use it ? .cheers n beers for now ..T.J. ..P.S The guys at OnBike were brill.
Nice one. Photos please? ...