GPS Tracker

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Anyone know what this means? "and specialized GPS device flow card suggested"
I think it means it can log GPS events to a memory card.

Also, it looks like it only runs on a 12v source - so not suitable for direct connection to ebike batteries.

Last edited:

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
I think it may mean that it does not provide GPS tracking despite what it is called. Is it a suggestion for type of sim card? Similar device with more write up appears here. This appears to use only the GPRS/mobile-cell tracking.

A genuine GPS tracker is more accurate and cost 10 times as much - at least that is what I recently paid for a proper gps tracker for an elderly relative. It works very nicely. I used a giff-gaff sim card. The occasional text to the tracker sends back GPS latitude and longitude which can be plotted on googlemaps if you have a smart phone.

D

Deleted member 4366

I think it means it can log GPS events to a memory card.

Also, it looks like it only runs on a 12v source - so not suitable for direct connection to ebike batteries.
The voltage source can be anything between 9 and 48v. The reason they suggest connecting it to one or two 12v bricks on a 48v or 60v buggy is because they are both higher than 48v when charged.

The one in 10mph's link is the old one with less features.

I can't see a GPS module on the PCB. I'd love to know what that specialized GPS flow card is.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Sounds like it's an HSP device (Hardware switched Single Port). Flow control reduces packet collisions from the two sources, GPS positioning and GPRS tx/rx traffic. A GPS device flow card allows software switching of the single rx/tx port....no idea where to get one though. Although I suspect it could be a protected switching routine programmed onto a sim card.

All remembered from the days when I operated a mobile pirate packet radio station on 11 meter band. :rolleyes:

Last edited: