GPS Trackers: Police might help get your stolen bike back?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I'm hoping they'll now be more likely to use stolen bike GPS tracking data.

Police must pursue ‘all reasonable lines of inquiry’, says Suella Braverman
Comments come amid concerns officers ignore evidence from the public such as tracking data from stolen phones and cars

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Perhaps we should leave donuts near our locked up bikes?

Waitrose offers police free coffees to deter thieves

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: Az.

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
I'm hoping they'll now be more likely to use stolen bike GPS tracking data.
You have a lot more faith in the police force than I have.

My personal experiences:
a crowd of teens broke into my house at 2pm in the afternoon when I was asleep after a nightshift, I rang police - they said don't touch anything and an officer will be there to check for fingerprints. An officer turned up at 10pm (8 hours later!) and said there was nothing he could do.
A drunk put a brick through the window of an used pub at 5pm where I was on-site security. Police said don't touch anything or repair the smashed window and an officer will investigate. An officer turned up at 10pm, told me it was an attempted robbery - he changed his mind when I pointed out why it wasn't - I had to arrange the window to be fixed in the dark around midnight. Same officer came back the next day to check in daylight and asked me to open the big security doors at the front for him - he left without saying anything so the security doors were wide open and unguarded until I noticed on my way to bed near midnight.
Yobs broke my car windscreen on Guy Fawkes night. Due to poor experiences in the past I didn't bother ringing them. A neighbour rang 999 - young officer turned up and told me the vandals had pulled the windscreen wiper off the screen and let go - smashing the screen and putting some glass on the back seat. A friend of mine turned up and said a lot cars in town had similar damage - kids were putting fireworks on windscreens to smash them. The office went very quiet and left soon afterwards.
Several more if anyone wants to know?

Overall, I believe best course of action after something is vandalised is fix it yourself - involving the police is a waste of time, serves no purpose, and is very frustrating.
It's just my opinion - other folk might think differently.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
Perhaps we should leave donuts near our locked up bikes?

Waitrose offers police free coffees to deter thieves
An amusing story of course, but I suspect the email has already gone out to police officers to avoid going near Waitrose in uniform.

If an officer were to turn up for free coffee, what 'payment' would Sainsburys, Tesco etc offer in competition ?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
An amusing story of course, but I suspect the email has already gone out to police officers to avoid going near Waitrose in uniform.

If an officer were to turn up for free coffee, what 'payment' would Sainsburys, Tesco etc offer in competition ?
Double coffee? There will be a lot of over-caffeinated jittery cops! Taser trigger fingers will increase in itchiness. Taurine should be added to drinks containing huge doses of caffeine, like Red Bull and other energy drinks, to improve mental stability and decision making while under the influence. I usually have a spoonful of taurine after about 5 coffees.

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: Woosh

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Imho a reasonably priced insurance policy is your best defense against theft after the best lock you can afford.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
Overall, I believe best course of action after something is vandalised is fix it yourself - involving the police is a waste of time, serves no purpose, and is very frustrating.
It's just my opinion - other folk might think differently.
I agree, pretty much every interaction I've ever had with cops (maybe bar one in 40yrs), they've been fuckin' incompetent lazy @rseh0les. They are clowns in fancy dress, don't know the law, lie through their teeth when it suits them and have no qualms about doctoring crime reports ******* up ppls lives. I've read police statements, fck me, like they're written by 12 yr old, no concept of spelling, grammar, paragraphs, cops need to attract educated ppl, not morons.

Bent coppers everywhere...the system needs ripped up and started again.

'Police UK 2.0'

Ha ha, they'll still be bent....power, corruption & lies

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You have a lot more faith in the police force than I have.
I have zero faith in the police! Of course it's propaganda designed to foster false hope and manipulate perception of the problems we care about being solved, without actually solving a damned thing. I'll GPS track and Charles Bronson my bike back! :mad:

Every theft must be investigated, home secretary tells police

(I have a dual purpose long Dahon seatpost and a baseball bat)

Last edited:

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
itvX have most of the Death Wish films on repeat, Jeff Goldbloom plays a mental looking junkie in one of them when he looked about 12...

Michael Winner was always a cnt though, nudity violence for titillation not the narrative.

portals

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2022
This is my favourite Charles Bronson scene from the original THe Mechanic movie (1972), loved this as a kid...

Reactions: guerney