Grease guns

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I had one but it made such an attrative toy for the kids that it is long gone before it came into contact with any grease, why do they make them look like ray guns?
Anyway I could do with another but reading reviews shows that many don't work very well and possibly are more time consuming than time saving. Any recommendations or tips from the collective here would be welcome, recommended brand or complete alternative or how were bearings greased in days before brightly coloured ray guns?
Somewhere I have a grease gun for lubing cars grease points but that's probably like using a hammer to crack a nut, with similar resulting mess.

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
I had one but it made such an attrative toy for the kids that it is long gone before it came into contact with any grease, why do they make them look like ray guns?
Anyway I could do with another but reading reviews shows that many don't work very well and possibly are more time consuming than time saving. Any recommendations or tips from the collective here would be welcome, recommended brand or complete alternative or how were bearings greased in days before brightly coloured ray guns?
Somewhere I have a grease gun for lubing cars grease points but that's probably like using a hammer to crack a nut, with similar resulting mess.
I might need one of these to lubricate me Bafang motor................

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
I might need one of these to lubricate me Bafang motor................
Water pistol and fill it with distilled water should do the trick:D

I was looking for my old grease gun last year. Needless to say it had vanished. My old bike has grease nipples. Interested myself.

Grumpy1

Pedelecer
Jan 23, 2009
"My old bike has grease nipples. Interested myself."

Simply the most amusing statement I've heard on here this week.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Problem solved from an unexpected source. One of my kids was prescribed Nurofen last night and it comes with a special syringe for administering the doses, it's just the right size to grease my bottom bracket.

torrent99

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2008
Highgate, London
Problem solved from an unexpected source. One of my kids was prescribed Nurofen last night and it comes with a special syringe for administering the doses, it's just the right size to grease my bottom bracket.
I was just about to mention the opposite, how syringes are very good for giving small children medicine! ;) (but also great for applying grease).