Great buying experience from Eclipse Bikes

Peddlin' Pedro

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
West Sussex, UK
This felt worth sharing as recently ordered an EM3EV battery pack from Eclipse Bikes and was genuinely impressed with the service and the product. Rob is helpful and happy to answer questions, with both pre and post-sales communications being spot on. As soon as the pack arrived I got an email with instructions for use/first charging/BMS pairing and links to suitable BMS apps. Good effort!

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

djneils98

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2021
This felt worth sharing as recently ordered an EM3EV battery pack from Eclipse Bikes and was genuinely impressed with the service and the product. Rob is helpful and happy to answer questions, with both pre and post-sales communications being spot on. As soon as the pack arrived I got an email with instructions for use/first charging/BMS pairing and links to suitable BMS apps. Good effort!
can you set the max charge level using the app? (i.e. make it so that the battery only charges to 90%)

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
The app doesn't control the charge cut-off level, but EM3EV did originally offer a charger with a 90% cut-off switch. Dunno if these chargers are still available.

I never charge the battery when I'm out of the house, so I check the app every now and again, so to stop it at the 90 -95% level.

There is a better app on the Play Store, than the supplied app link. Just search for 'EM3EV BMS Monitor' on Play Store.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Peddlin' Pedro

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
West Sussex, UK
The app doesn't control the charge cut-off level, but EM3EV did originally offer a charger with a 90% cut-off switch. Dunno if these chargers are still available.
Eclipse don't currently stock them but they're available direct from EM3EV. Shipping and taxes might sting a bit though.

There is a better app on the Play Store, than the supplied app link. Just search for 'EM3EV BMS Monitor' on Play Store.
Will have to look at that as the one they recommend is a bit clunky!