Green Edge Silverado

Zaza

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 19, 2008
I have just bought the Green Edge Silverado and I am very impressed with it's quality and ease of ride. I am a small female so this bike is perfect in terms of getting on it and position of handlebars for a nice upright posture. Hills are no problems what so ever and the ride is very smooth. My only qualm is that the gears are too low so you are peddling air down hills and it doesn't feel like you are in control but hopefully another update of the Silverado will take this into account.

I rang Green Edge about the low gears and they have offered to put in higher ones for me for £80 plus VAT which I think will be worth it. Their support has been excellent. I bought my bike from The Electric Transport Shop in Camden after trying out several different bikes.

I managed to get an ex demo model Silverado for £700 ( new is £899) so very happy about that. They forgot to give me a second key for the battery and a tool kit but I went back the next day, after I called them to point this out, and they supplied both. They also let me return a bike lock that I bought from them as you can only get this bike insured with a gold series lock. The shop only had bronze locks in but they refunded me straightaway. They were slightly vague about my warranty rights on an ex demo (I got 6 months in the end) but overall their customer service was great and I would def recommend their shop and of course Green Edge and the fantastic Silverado!

How long riding: 2 weeks
Terrain: Notting Hill and all surrounding areas. Some hills but mainly
flat.