Green Zebra Cycles

Convert-e-Bike

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 21, 2020
Anyone have experience with Green Zebra Cycles? I have a folding ebike of about 10 years old and the display comes on but as soon as the hubmotor starts the display goes off and the display goes out, then the display wont come back on again for a while. I think the low voltage cut out is tripping. I can't find any spares availible , grateful for any help. The battery is new by the way.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
They're standard Chinese bikes with standard Chinese parts. It sounds like your charger isn't working. You will have to test the battery and the charger with a meter to find out what's wrong.

Reactions: Convert-e-Bike

Convert-e-Bike

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 21, 2020
They're standard Chinese bikes with standard Chinese parts. It sounds like your charger isn't working. You will have to test the battery and the charger with a meter to find out what's wrong.
Thanks for this. The owner has purchased a new battery and charger and there seems to be plenty of voltage. The display has stopped coming on at all now, but the rear LED light unit still lights when the keyswitch is turned on. Measured voltage at the connection to the controller, 42 volts (36 v battery). Removed the 4-1 conector cable and plugged the lcd display straight onto the controller, still not working.

Last edited: