Greenedge CS2 re wiring harness

Michael Guthrie

Just Joined
Aug 29, 2020
Hi All. I am relatively new to working on and repairing ebikes.

I have a Greenedge CS2 mtb bike that I have loved but I have some electrics go wrong with it.
Originally I was going to post on here as I started getting a BL01 warning on lcd panel and was going to ask about that. I had some ability to use the throttle at that point and the pedal sensors seemed to be working too to engage the motor. I just wasn't getting mph feedback on the lcd.

I was riding along one evening and a big spark came out near the bottom of the battery, and that was that, no more power to the lcd or motor. I suspect it is the controller?

The controllers for the Greenedge CS2 version i Have were in the bottom of the two prong bottle type battery holder. These are hard to find. But i see there are full wiring kits and controllers available and so my question to the group is if it is possible to rewire. I have a new bottle battery with a holder but no controller that I got spare, and can connect it to a controller I imagine? So any ideas or advice for this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I'm not sure I understand your question, but you can buy a controller and everything that goes with it from BMSBattery and Aliexpress. you will need at least a new LCD (recommend LCD3)

They also do a square wave one for sensorless motors. You must check whether your motor is sensorless to decide which one,

Michael Guthrie

Just Joined
Aug 29, 2020
I'm not sure I understand your question, but you can buy a controller and everything that goes with it from BMSBattery and Aliexpress. you will need at least a new LCD (recommend LCD3)

They also do a square wave one for sensorless motors. You must check whether your motor is sensorless to decide which one,

Thanks for your reply vfr400. What aspect of my question did you not understand? I did say a few things in there. Feeling my way on this. Having a look at the one you linked. That could do the trick. Thanks for that.

I have a feeling that the wiring is shot everywhere, as that is what the BL01 can mean. I have seen whole kits with sensors and lcd, and was wanting to know if this is a viable way to go.