GreenEdge cs2

Sevlewkowicz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 11, 2014
Anyone have any experience of this bike available from e bikes direct for £600? It seems very well specced for such a cheap bike.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
very nice bike for the price. Can't see anything wrong with it.
My guess, end of line, special offer?

Specification

Frame: Alloy 19" Mounatin bike Frame

Suspension: Zoom Front Suspension

Brakes: Disc Brakes front and rear,

Gears: 6 Speed Shimano

Wheels: 26" Alloy rims, with kenda tyres

Battery: 36V 9AH Samsung Bottle Shaped Lithium Battery

Modes: 3 pedal asssistance levels, LED Display, Thumb throttle for Power only

Motor: 250 W Motor

Range: 25 -35 miles.

Weight: 19kg

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Can't be bad for £600...
The Zoom forks will probably be first to go, followed by the derailleur & brakes _ All replaceable & upgradeable:
Weight's good, if it's genuine.

Reactions: Sevlewkowicz

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Nice bit of research from Trex, and I agree with his conclusion.

A note of caution, a friend of the chief mechanic at my local bike shop bought something that looked similar.

What turned up was a dreadful contraption with faults too numerous to list.

The mechanic - as a favour - spent a couple of hours trying to fettle it.

He got the poxy thing working, but it broke down several times and is now in a skip.

This bike does look OK, provided what turns up is the same as the pic.

Sevlewkowicz

Sep 11, 2014
I'm going to there warehouse on Saturday. I have checked and I can test ride the bike, along with the powacycle Salisbury, which was my other choice. They are reasonably local to me, so if anything were to go wrong I haven't got to post it back.
Does anyone think the Salisbury is good electric bike? I am getting the bike to do a 7 mile round trip commute to work. The reason I want the electric is because the last mile coming home is a steep uphil gradient.
The other bike I was considering was the Cyclamatic P Plus.
Any comments?
I don't want to spend more than £700.

Pago

Just Joined
Sep 22, 2014
How was the test ride of the green edge c2. I live in Guernsey so no chance of I test ride before purchase.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andyemb

Magdovus

Just Joined
Sep 8, 2015
I've had one for two months. My first e-bike. It was good for about three weeks, then a strange noise from the back wheel. We tried to resolve it over the phone with no luck, then sent it back. 7 days later, it came back like new, and has been great since.

The thought of spending £2000 on an e-bike without knowing how it will work for you seems stupid to me. The CS2 has convinced me that this is the way to go as I don't drive.

Twangman

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2012
London
Can't be bad for £600...
The Zoom forks will probably be first to go, followed by the derailleur & brakes _ All replaceable & upgradeable:
Weight's good, if it's genuine.
Why do you assume the Zoom forks will go first, mine have lasted over 3 years and despite the bike being ridden pretty much every day they perform just as well as when I bought my bike.

grandadian

Just Joined
Sep 10, 2015
Why do you assume the Zoom forks will go first, mine have lasted over 3 years and despite the bike being ridden pretty much every day they perform just as well as when I bought my bike.
I bought a CS2 two months ago and it's going OK, but every time I charge it up it sparks. That is with everything switched off and the battery off the bike. Ebikes "think" this is OK, but surely it should not do that. It could be dangerous near inflammable substances.
Can anyone out there tell me if they have a similar problem
Many thanks

grandadian

Just Joined
Sep 10, 2015
I'm going to there warehouse on Saturday. I have checked and I can test ride the bike, along with the powacycle Salisbury, which was my other choice. They are reasonably local to me, so if anything were to go wrong I haven't got to post it back.
Does anyone think the Salisbury is good electric bike? I am getting the bike to do a 7 mile round trip commute to work. The reason I want the electric is because the last mile coming home is a steep uphil gradient.
The other bike I was considering was the Cyclamatic P Plus.
Any comments?
I don't want to spend more than £700.
I bought a CS2 two months ago and it's going OK, but every time I charge it up it sparks. That is with everything switched off and the battery off the bike. Ebikes "think" this is OK, but surely it should not do that. It could be dangerous near inflammable substances.
Many thanks
I had a

James Bruce

Dec 22, 2015
Many thanks
I know this is a very late reply but this thread is still near the top when searching for this bike. I just bought the CS2 on the cycle to work scheme. The first battery i got completely shorted the first time i plugged it in. Battery's should not spark when you plug them in!! i'm supprised the contacts haven't melted if it's been doing it a while. You should demand a replacement battery immediately. It's definitely not safe. For me they said they have "never heard of anything like this happening before" clearly they weren't telling the entire truth. that said, i got a replacement 48 hours later and since then all is good. The charger was different. I was told that the battery is Samsung but the case and charger aren't. I think therein lies the problem. So far the bike has been good though (After 3 whole days!) i gave it a "no peddle test" to work and back and did 10 miles. at the end i had 1 bar out of 5 left on the battery which i thought was pretty good. There aren't any steep hills or anything though. Also they seem to have changed the handlebar display recently. It looks better than the old one i saw in google photos. I'd love to know how to make it go a bit faster though (i think it's called tuning). Overall so far i'm happy for the money. I bought a Halfords bile a few years back that wasn't electric and it was terrible. i'm definitely more satisfied than i was then.

grandadian

Just Joined
Sep 10, 2015
Thanks for this James. After reading your post I went to my garage to see if my battery still sparked. I have not used it for about 3 weeks due to the inclement weather. With everything switched off it gave a hell of a spark. My battery is a Samsung, but the charger is a Li-ion so the problem could be similar to yours.
I then phoned Ebikes who were very helpful. They will have the battery and charger collected after Xmas and hopefully sort the problem.
I will keep you updated.
Ian

James Bruce

Dec 22, 2015
Thanks for this James. After reading your post I went to my garage to see if my battery still sparked. I have not used it for about 3 weeks due to the inclement weather. With everything switched off it gave a hell of a spark. My battery is a Samsung, but the charger is a Li-ion so the problem could be similar to yours.
I then phoned Ebikes who were very helpful. They will have the battery and charger collected after Xmas and hopefully sort the problem.
I will keep you updated.
Ian
Glad I could help. I hope all turns out well for you :)

James Bruce

Dec 22, 2015
So after a very small amount of digging i figured out de-restricting this bike's (green edge CS2) top speed is so easy it's beyond laughable. The instructions on how to do it come WITH THE BIKE. Though i doubt they noticed. If you have the version with the back-lit display and 3 buttons to the left of it can be done in under a minute. Power it on. double press the power button and you're into the options menu so to speak. press power to cycle trough the options until you see PS and 0000 at the bottom of the screen. Use + - and the power buttons to enter 1919 (default password) and press power to confirm. you can then use the + to change from 25 to 45 kph or lower if the bike is for a younger person. i just checked and my bike now goes 20 mph with the throttle. Clearly limited by their motor/battery. I'm going to change it back because i don't know the long term effects on the battery but it's a joke that all i did was follow the instructions that came with the bike to achieve this. It wan't even hidden. there is a "change top speed" part and all i did was what it said. Need proof. NO PROBLEM:

Attachments

Last edited:

Jips1971

Jan 7, 2016
Neath
I bought the CS2 a few weeks ago and have already clocked up 87 miles on it.
My usual route is about 12 miles long, which includes a couple of very steep 2 mile long hills.
This route will exhaust the battery down to 1 bar as long as there isn't a headwind.
Another route I like is nearer 20 miles, but only has 1 hill at the end. My fault for choosing where I live in Wales.
So I guess in the real world 15-20 miles is about the expected duration.
The bike is fab. Well worth it. Previously I had a Coyote foldable electric bike from Halfords, which is also very good, but I do feel a little silly on it. This one I feel better about myself.
Not tried delimiting it, as there is no real need. I may one day change the gearing as I get less reliant on the power, and my knees get more used to the exercise.image.jpeg

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
Great that you are enjoying the bike. It's a great price for such a nice looking bike. My husband was tempted by it but got a Vita Uno instead.
Have fun with it!