Greeting

AngeG

Just Joined
Feb 6, 2024
Hello. New here. I'm thinking about buying an electric bike. I’ve been riding a bike to work every day for 8 years now. But with age, already 35))) it’s getting harder and harder for me to climb one hill))) I want to conquer it faster) I haven’t decided what I’m going to buy yet, I just did a search and found the forum. Maybe there are some advices how to chose it?

Have a nice day, everyone

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023

or

or https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?santana3

Last edited:
Reactions: pgallego96

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Just about any electric bike should give you what you want. You have to think about cost, weight, what else you want to do with it and who's going to fix it if ever it goes wrong. How tall are you and how much do you want to pay?

pgallego96

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 5, 2023
I'm selling my Woosh Camino (first link in Peter's post https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/classifieds/woosh-camino-e-bike.363/).

It's still in warranty if you think a hybrid style bicycle might work for you. The frame is for 5ft8 or taller so unsure if this works for you as you didn't specify your height. It's worked really well for commuting 500 miles and had no issues at all with it. A few times I had to contact Woosh for advice they got back to me within the/a day which is really helpful.

AngeG

Just Joined
Feb 6, 2024
My height is 5'6".
Probably my cost limit is probably 2500 at this point. Well, that's something that could change at any moment. I bought a computer expecting it to cost 1000 euros, but I bought it for 2000)

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
My height is 5'6".
Probably my cost limit is probably 2500 at this point. Well, that's something that could change at any moment. I bought a computer expecting it to cost 1000 euros, but I bought it for 2000)
You don't need to spend that much money, not for a bike to ride to work, anyway.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
My height is 5'6".
If you really wanted to spend that much then maybe

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
It shouldn't be getting harder to do the hill if you are only 35; once you've built up your fitness (which you must have done) it should stay pretty good for some time. (Very many on this forum passed double 35 some time ago). I can see you might want an ebike to tacklethe hill faster. As others have said you should be able to get something suitable well within and below your budget.

It is worth considering converting your current bike; post more details and people will suggest if its suitable, and what sort of conversion would be best.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Have you considered a conversion ?

If you've got a bike you like, and it fits well, converting it to something powered might be the better option.

Of course its best that you buy a good quality kit, from somewhere like Woosh, rather than a cheapo Chinese import thats of untested quality.

With something from Woosh for example, the motor,battery and charger will be all specced to each other, so theres no chance of anything untoward or dangerous happening. But with the cheapest thing you can find on ebay or the like, theres no guarantee its going to work together safely.

Reactions: thelarkbox