Greetings from Munich, Germany

Funbiker2020

Just Joined
Dec 17, 2020
I am based in Bavaria and recently bought a Fiido D2 S bike. This is made in China and so it is difficult to obtain detailed information or spare parts. I do have an electrical problem but do not know the cause. I guess it is not the accu or BMS because Light and Horn is working, display shows some LEDs flashing. Could be a controll code, but i found no information on this as well as on the controller (WK3615YS, 36V 14 A). All cables seem to be ok. Motor seem to be not burned or damaged so far, but it is not responding at all. It is a 3 phase motor. Multimeter shows that the wiring is not interrupted. So I will stroll through this forum and hope to find some help in the analysis. Thanks for your hints.

Funbiker2020

Just Joined
Dec 17, 2020
This is how the display looks like. All LEDs in the upper row flash 6 times and than a short break. These are the LEDs for the different modes ( low, mid high). Only one of them is supposed to be on. I learned from another post that this could be a code from the controller for the Hall sensors. Have no idea how to test this. The plug and the cabeling seems to be ok.
I would have the more general questions, whether there is somewhere some detailed documentation available. From Fiido I have not much received (just one picture for the cabeling). Thanks for pointing me to more information.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
This is how the display looks like. All LEDs in the upper row flash 6 times and than a short break. These are the LEDs for the different modes ( low, mid high). Only one of them is supposed to be on. I learned from another post that this could be a code from the controller for the Hall sensors. Have no idea how to test this. The plug and the cabeling seems to be ok.
I would have the more general questions, whether there is somewhere some detailed documentation available. From Fiido I have not much received (just one picture for the cabeling). Thanks for pointing me to more information.
The error codes are at the beginning of this thread:

Flash 6 times is a motor hall sensor error. Potential cause in sequence of high to low chance:
1. Motor connector not in all the way to the marked line or other motor cable connection fault.
2. Damaged motor cable, especially where it comes out of the motor.
3. Water in the motor
4. Blown hall sensor
5 Wire detatched inside the motor.

To test the motor halls, you have to get access to the wires in the motor cable. Apply 5v to the red and black wires, then measure the voltage from each of the green, blue and yellow to ground (black, while you rotate the wheel slowly backwards. You should see 5v switching on and off as the wheel rotates. You can do that test if you pull out the controller to get access to the white block connector on the motor cable. When the LED display panel is switched on, the controller will give 5v on the red and black wires. Check that first, then check the other three wires.

Also, you can use one of these ebike tester, which connects directly to the motor cable :

Last edited:

Funbiker2020

Just Joined
Dec 17, 2020
During the day I received the new Controller WK3615YS. Changed it and it worked just fine. Have no idea what caused the failure, but I am glad that it is running. MAybe I order another spare controller just to be save.....Thanks for your help