Grrr, price of Cyclamatic has gone up since yesterday!

Hazel2705

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 6, 2011
I've come home from work today with the intention of buying my first ever electric bike. After a lot of looking around I decided to get the cyclamatic.

Yesterday it was £546 and today it's £699!! :mad:.

The only place it's still £546 is 24retail but I'm not entirely convinced they are going to be very helpful if I have any problems with the bike in the future.

So now I'm not sure what to do. Would you wait and see if the price goes down or I was thinking of getting a powacycle.

It's the principal that I don't want to pay the higher price. If I'd never seen it at the lower price I wouldn't have a bee in my bonnet now!!

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Which model were you after? The Cyclamatic Folder is £499 at Sports HQ. Don't forget the 8% back if you go via Quidco, making it £460.

The Cyclamatics have been much cheaper than this in the recent past at Sports HQ. They occasionally have up to 20% off. Add the Quidco and the price falls to well below £400.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sorry to hear of this affecting you Hazel, but it's always been inevitable. The earlier prices down to as little as just over £300 were never viable with today's exchange rates with the Orient.

Trouble is that it's now getting rather too close to the price of other bikes which are better buys. The Juicybike Classic at £749 online for example, a more powerful 36 volt system and the support of a dedicated e-vehicle company rather than a sports shop.

Willin'

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2011
Hi Hazel,
I have a 3 month old Cylamatic (done about 200 miles) . PM me if you are interested.
(apologies mods if this is breaking house rules)

Hazel2705

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 6, 2011
Thanks for the offer but I want to buy new.

I'm trying to decide between the powacycle salisbury or the powabyke x6 now. I don't suppose anyone knows the frame size of the Salisbury? It just says adult size frame.