Grrrr

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
Tsssss....Honestly.....:rolleyes: ......and there was me thinking you were being a sweetie, showing your feminine side and posting pics of the baby.......silly me....:p

Lynda :)
Hah! Have a care, madam! I'll have you know that it's only 30 years since a rather butch lesbian friend of ours accused me of being a feminist!

:cool:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hah! Have a care, madam! I'll have you know that it's only 30 years since a rather butch lesbian friend of ours accused me of being a feminist!

:cool:
Hah ! Read what I said again, I didnt accuse you of being a feminist lol

Saying a man has a feminine side is a compliment not an accusation, all the best men have one

All the better to understand us with :p

PS.......and just so you know..... I am very definitely not a butch lesbian..... lol ;)

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Another unemployed state dependant with a hand in my tax payments
The New royal Baby is likely to add a extra £500,000,000 boost to the economy, Prince William is doing his bit for Britain.....could do with one every year :eek:

Last edited:

Ettica

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2008
Heskin Lancashire
Pah; childbirth is over relatively quickly - try breaking a femur, a collarbone, a humerus, toes, fingers and knees and tell me about pain.
Sorry but I will say one word

FISSURE

If 10/10 pain was 'Suicidal' then I was 3 or 4 times. 8 to 10 hours each day of demented pain. Would not wish t on anyone.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
The New royal Baby is likely to add a extra £500,000,000 boost to the economy, Prince William is doing his bit for Britain.....could do with one every year :eek:

It is both sobering and ironic that this newly born child could well be alive to witness the complete breakdown of society and the extinction of humans. Both due to overpopulation.

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
To celebrate the boy's German, Greek and English heritage:

Klaus Alexandros Albert Windsor
Erm ... Windsor? They should go back to the original family name of Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha ...

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
The New royal Baby is likely to add a extra £500,000,000 boost to the economy
Is that the same kind of "fact" as those being used to "justify" the HS2 white elephant? :cool:

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Is that the same kind of "fact" as those being used to "justify" the HS2 white elephant? :cool:
HS2 will cost about 70 billion that about 140 royal babies worth at the present rate per baby, No problem.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
HS2 will cost about 70 billion that about 140 royal babies worth at the present rate per baby, No problem.
Millions will pay fares on HS2 and get to travel for it. Millions will pay for the royal baby for many decades and only he will get to travel for it.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Millions will pay fares on HS2 and get to travel for it. Millions will pay for the royal baby for many decades and only he will get to travel for it.
You seem to forget the Royal family and all the regal trappings that attracts tourism is estimated to be worth 1.2 billion to the economy per anum so a couple million to maintain the fantasy is still good business.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You seem to forget the Royal family and all the regal trappings that attracts tourism is estimated to be worth 1.2 billion to the economy per anum so a couple million to maintain the fantasy is still good business.
I've always considered that estimate to be a fantasy, just like the one that says most of us support the existence of royalty when all the evidence is of the opposite.

The tourism economic benefit results from those visiting this country, and they do that for a whole range of reasons, royalty being only a small part. And I've seen little evidence of the commercial benefits that are supposed to result from their overseas travels.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Erm ... Windsor? They should go back to the original family name of Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha ...
I stuck with Windsor as a compromise, since that's only true in part. This baby's great grandfather was born in Cyprus, Greece, into the Greek and Danish royal families who are of a different German family line.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
I've always considered that estimate to be a fantasy, just like the one that says most of us support the existence of royalty when all the evidence is of the opposite.

The tourism economic benefit results from those visiting this country, and they do that for a whole range of reasons, royalty being only a small part. And I've seen little evidence of the commercial benefits that are supposed to result from their overseas travels.
You may consider it to be a fantasy flecc but that hardly makes your consideration right.
Where and what is this 'evidence' that says that most do not support the monarchy ?

My opinion is, that if there was a referendum on keeping the monarchy tomorrow, the answer would be a resounding yes......just my opinion, but I would be happy to put it to the test.

I also dont think that I, personally, have seen much evidence of commercial benefits arising from royal trips abroad, but thats just because I havent been personally involved and havent looked into it.....doesnt say that it hasnt happened.... just because you and I havent seen much evidence of it doesnt mean to say it doesnt exist :confused:

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
I stuck with Windsor as a compromise, since that's only true in part. This baby's great grandfather was born in Cyprus, Greece, into the Greek and Danish royal families who are of a different German family line.
OK then ... how about Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha og Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg? :cool:

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Where and what is this 'evidence' that says that most do not support the monarchy ?

My opinion is, that if there was a referendum on keeping the monarchy tomorrow, the answer would be a resounding yes......just my opinion, but I would be happy to put it to the test.

Now that is an iteresting idea, a referendum about keeping the monarchy.
Probably popular in Northern Ireland and England, not much in Wales,
but Scotland?
The Scots would ask which Royal Family
Windsors or Stuarts?
Interesting

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
but Scotland?
Windsors or Stuarts?
Interesting
Oh, I dunno Mike, I kind of get the impression that the welsh and the scots like the monarchy, I mean, why on earth wouldnt they :confused:

Sometimes things are hyped up so much that the truth of the matter is hidden, a bit like the hysteria over the forthcoming scottish referendum, which, according to all of my friends who either are scottish or live there, scotland will vote to stay part of the UK, no matter what that salmon nutter would like us to believe......

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
but Scotland?
Windsors or Stuarts?
Interesting
You are in luck, The Queen is related to Charles I via his sister Elizabeth Stuart who married Frederick V, which has a direct link to the Hanover line, which is also directly linked to the Windsors

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You may consider it to be a fantasy flecc but that hardly makes your consideration right.
The consideration is based on the fact I stated. The tourism income they claim results from royalty very obviously results from a whole host of reasons which are nothing to do with royalty. Have you already forgotten the Olympics for example? QED

The evidence is clearly shown online, one of the benefits of having the interpersonal communication internet which so reveals the way the authorities use propaganda to lie to us. Just look at this thread, only one person has openly declared full allegiance to royalty, though it appears a second probably does. The rest who are the majority don't.

If there were so many royalists they'd be furiously posting here in support of the institution.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
The consideration is based on the fact I stated. The tourism income they claim results from royalty very obviously results from a whole host of reasons which are nothing to do with royalty. Have you already forgotten the Olympics for example? QED

The evidence is clearly shown online, one of the benefits of having the interpersonal communication internet which so reveals the way the authorities use propaganda to lie to us. Just look at this thread, only one person has openly declared full allegiance to royalty, though it appears a second probably does. The rest who are the majority don't.

If there were so many royalists they'd be furiously posting here in support of the institution.
You cannot count those who stay mute on the subject a vote for or against. The real question is what do you put in its place a politcal appointed Head of State???

Advertisers