Grrrrrr why no manual and THANK YOU

Spiffy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 10, 2021
New to Ebike ownership, I charge up the battery get the bike set up and I just cannot figure out why the bike doesn't seem to have power despite the batter saying fully charged, of course no manual with the bike, I'm practically hanging upside down like a bat looking for buttons I may have missed .
I come on here and root about and almost immediately read about "sleeping batteries" hmmm I wonder, press the battery on button for 3 seconds press the handlebar unit and WE HAVE POWER, whoo hooo
Now for my first test drive, ahhhh I suppose riding in PJ's might just be frowned upon lol
Thank you guys

Reactions: flecc

Spiffy

Apr 10, 2021
Hi, it's a Vitesse Pulse and I bought it on Ebay refurbished from a seller that has excellent high feedback and sells biking "stuff", unfortunately the pedal assist doesn't seem to, assist that is, I'm going to have another go today but it doesn't look hopeful, grooaaannn

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Check the magnet disc is secured firmly to the tapered BB shaft, the centre cut out of the disc usually have plastic splines that grip the taper. If the disc rotates around the shaft it needs fixing, one way is to wrap sticky tape around the shaft and then press the disc on to it.
You will also see the wired sensor this again should be in a fixed state and usually and positioned to the underside of the bottom bracket. The gap between it and the disc should be around 1mm. If the sensor has a Red LED check that it blinks as the magnets pass by the sensor.

slowcoach

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2020
Ah yes, fleecebay. I would not buy used items from there, but that is just my personal opinion. In fact, I have a used ebike to sell, but definitely avoiding going on ebay. I would prefer to sell for a little less money locally than give them a fistful of cash for very little effort.

D

Deleted member 33385

Ah yes, fleecebay. I would not buy used items from there, but that is just my personal opinion. In fact, I have a used ebike to sell, but definitely avoiding going on ebay. I would prefer to sell for a little less money locally than give them a fistful of cash for very little effort.
Every time I see your name "slowcoach", I have a sudden overwhelming urge to say "Keep up slowcoach!" but have until now, been able to stifle the urge.

Reactions: slowcoach

Spiffy

Apr 10, 2021
Check the magnet disc is secured firmly to the tapered BB shaft, the centre cut out of the disc usually have plastic splines that grip the taper. If the disc rotates around the shaft it needs fixing, one way is to wrap sticky tape around the shaft and then press the disc on to it.
You will also see the wired sensor this again should be in a fixed state and usually and positioned to the underside of the bottom bracket. The gap between it and the disc should be around 1mm. If the sensor has a Red LED check that it blinks as the magnets pass by the sensor.
Thank you for your time and advise.
tbh I didn't understand what you said and I'm loathe to fiddle with something I have zero knowledge of, if I try and fix it they could refuse to sort the issue and blame me for it.

Spiffy

Apr 10, 2021
I ummmed and aahhed about buy it for nearly 2 weeks, I looked at his feedback (very good) I checked what he actually sold, (mostly bikes or bike related stuff) it came with a 3 month warrently on electric, I decided it was worth the risk I was obviously wrong.
I've just tried it again I tried cycling with no assistance and with the different levels of assist and it didn't alter at all.
I've now contacted the seller