Gtech Derestriction? I'm DESPERATE >:[

Gtechelec

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 11, 2019
I need to derestrict my Gtech sport. (Just 5mph an hour more would be fine. And obviously complete derestriction is fine too). If no one knows how yet, where would I likely find out first? (Except for here, of course).

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Unfortunately, for you, you bought the wrong bike. You can keep the motor, but you'd have to replace the battery and controller with standard Chinese ones, which would cost about £250

• Agree
Reactions: KirstinS

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I need to derestrict my Gtech sport. (Just 5mph an hour more would be fine. And obviously complete derestriction is fine too). If no one knows how yet, where would I likely find out first? (Except for here, of course).
You cannot do so with button presses. Only in the manner vfr states. I think you are stuck with what you have or sell and buy again. However, It has been done by a other on here. But they bought a new battery and controller and lcd ie just kept the motor

And they did so knowing it wasn't the best financial sense but were rather attatched to the bike. All the new electrics went in a pannier in that case

Gtechelec

Nov 11, 2019
Unfortunately, for you, you bought the wrong bike. You can keep the motor, but you'd have to replace the battery and controller with standard Chinese ones, which would cost about £250
Including fitting? And do you think someone would buy the stuff I take off?

Also, do you have any recommendations for similar bikes to the Gtech sport that are *much* cheaper to derestrict?

Thanks so much for any information ^ _ ^

Gtechelec

Nov 11, 2019
You cannot do so with button presses. Only in the manner vfr states. I think you are stuck with what you have or sell and buy again. However, It has been done by a other on here. But they bought a new battery and controller and lcd ie just kept the motor

And they did so knowing it wasn't the best financial sense but were rather attatched to the bike. All the new electrics went in a pannier in that case
I will sell it. What's the most Gtech sport-like, *easily* derestricted bike in your opinion?