H guys, new to forum

davidneedsabike

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 12, 2015
..been a while since I tried an elec bike and hoping the power and duration have vastly improved (elec motors and batts in RC world have changed out of all recognition in last few yrs)

Looking for large comfortable, sit-up and beg / traditional / Dutch style with best gradient performance and duration / £, targeting ideally sub £800 street price (would go to £950 if pushed for a seriously vigorous performing bike

Needs front damped forks and ability to put saddle stem damper in to extend road comfort and allow some trail riding - use will incl around Lakes national park - but not mountain bike biased - want to be able to sit right back and take in the views

Also hoping to carry second battery with me, so the weight and size of this will be relatively important?

I dont want to labour (not exactly in peak health!) or get off on short steep hills

Realistic range of 30 miles with 2 batteries given that happy to pedal on the flat but want a real gutsy climbing ability (I am c 100 kg) - again can assist up hill but with no more effort than on the flat

Think I would prefer manual control of throttle and re-gen charging to get best battery life (dont want bike to slow down on flat coast because re-gen kicked in, only during descent, similarly dont want a tussle with auto torque sensing on the flat)

Not concerned if battery disguised or not - easy remove + swap, high capacity more important

thx D

D

Deleted member 4366

You've just described the Woosh Big Bear LST. I doubt that you'll nedd two batteries. Regen, imho, is a waste of time. It has more disadvantages than advantages. I can't think of any OEM bikes in that price range anyway.

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
..been a while since I tried an elec bike and hoping the power and duration have vastly improved (elec motors and batts in RC world have changed out of all recognition in last few yrs)

Looking for large comfortable, sit-up and beg / traditional / Dutch style with best gradient performance and duration / £, targeting ideally sub £800 street price (would go to £950 if pushed for a seriously vigorous performing bike

Needs front damped forks and ability to put saddle stem damper in to extend road comfort and allow some trail riding - use will incl around Lakes national park - but not mountain bike biased - want to be able to sit right back and take in the views

Also hoping to carry second battery with me, so the weight and size of this will be relatively important?

I dont want to labour (not exactly in peak health!) or get off on short steep hills

Realistic range of 30 miles with 2 batteries given that happy to pedal on the flat but want a real gutsy climbing ability (I am c 100 kg) - again can assist up hill but with no more effort than on the flat

Think I would prefer manual control of throttle and re-gen charging to get best battery life (dont want bike to slow down on flat coast because re-gen kicked in, only during descent, similarly dont want a tussle with auto torque sensing on the flat)

Not concerned if battery disguised or not - easy remove + swap, high capacity more important

thx D
Juicy Classic bikes are good - solid and durable with great after-sales care (should you need it!)

Reactions: JuicyBike