Haibike Allmtn dead

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Any help appreciated. Used my bike yesterday no issues. Only used about 20 battery. Tonight just went to use bike and all seems dead. Took battery off Bosch 500, pressed charge button and it shows no green lights. Plugged in charger and nothing. Changed batteries in Purion as no display and this still showed no display. Any ideas. Thanks Atko

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Tried resetting the battery 10 seconds but no reply. Thinking battery is dead grrr. Should the purion display work without the battery, as it doesn't seem to so may be more wrong than just a dead battery

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Any help appreciated. Used my bike yesterday no issues. Only used about 20 battery. Tonight just went to use bike and all seems dead. Took battery off Bosch 500, pressed charge button and it shows no green lights. Plugged in charger and nothing. Changed batteries in Purion as no display and this still showed no display. Any ideas. Thanks Atko
You need access to and how to use a reasonably accurate voltmeter, to discover what has gone wrong.
Till then, it will be difficult to offer any useful help.
Sorry.
Andy

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You can't use a meter on a Bosch battery, it has been said many times.
Possible an internal fuse has blown if one is fitted , the only answer with them is back to a dealer but I don't think they are allowed to open them. If it was alive they can do a diagnostic check.

My brother had a spare Bosch battery he carried in a pannier also in same pannier was a can of fizzy, it leaked and the battery died. Somehow he managed to send it back to Bosch and all they did was nothing, they would not entertain any repair what so ever so it was scrapped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy-Mat

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
You can't use a meter on a Bosch battery, it has been said many times.
Possible an internal fuse has blown if one is fitted , the only answer with them is abck to a dealer but I don't think they are allowed to open them. If it was alive they can do a diagnostic check.

My brother had a spare Bosch battery he carried in a pannier also in same pannier was a can of fizzy, it leaked and the battery died. Somehow he managed to send it back to Bosch and all they did was nothing, they would not entertain any repair what so ever so it was scrapped.
Further (good) reasons to completely avoid this make of bike......
Many thanks.
Andy

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Because of CANbus handshaking that goes on the battery BMS needs to talk to the motor controller and display all at the same time. The battery cases are particularly difficult to open and uses hook type clips along the length of it, a thin flat probe (non metallic) needs to be inserted to try and unclip them but I think invariably they can break.
I would be surprised if there isn't an internal fuse but accessing may even be beyond a dealer.

Last edited: