Haibike copy

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Copy is the highest form of flattery. You could build the same for slightly less and use an HL battery but the paint wouldn't be as pretty.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
I wonder if there breaking any pattern rights though.?

Mar 9, 2016
Bike looks great at that price but don't see it as a copy of Haibike, perhaps Haibike styling.
Haibike don't build any hub motored bikes, think they only do CD, Yam or Bosch.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
yes, I wasn't saying it was a bad thing. Its just the frame is pretty much the only part of an eBike or even bicycle that is designed by the company who's name you'll see on the frame. The design of the graphics is often not even done in house.

As I'm looking for a new ebike now I've sold my Focus Thron I'm looking at a hardtail bike......I've looked at Ktm,Haibike,Cube etc of coarse there all different depending on spec and price and it is really how you feel riding them and not forgetting aftercare,but apart from all that what make one manufacturer better than the other.????

Sorry to take the thread of topic.

As I'm looking for a new ebike now I've sold my Focus Thron I'm looking at a hardtail bike......I've looked at Ktm,Haibike,Cube etc of coarse there all different depending on spec and price and it is really how you feel riding them and not forgetting aftercare,but apart from all that what make one manufacturer better than the other.????

Sorry to take the thread of topic.
You've basically, listed - spec, price, ride quality, and aftercare.

These are pretty much the 4 key things that will set bikes apart, other things that come into play with higher end bikes, and eBikes include.

customer service before and during the sale (its not just aftercare that can influence a choice) dealer knowledge and support, availability, warranty, resale value.... I'm sure I could list more, but I've not had a coffee yet.

and then it comes down to things as simple as colour. KTM for instance might make the perfect MTB eBike for you, but if its in a colour you don't like, you're not going to buy it.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Take your point on colour saw a Ktm Action 11 in orange right in the front window of Cycling made easy at T/wells last week and thought it was gorgeous and your right it was the colour as I would of taken that if he could of done a trade in on my focus.