Help! Haibike fatsix Bosch nylon

Shay69

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 24, 2020
Nylon display turning of half way threw a ride even tho bike and display fully charged

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Welcome hope you get it sorted soon

Have you checked the battery for security and connection issues ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Does it have it's own internal battery that needs replacing.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Plug the Nyon into a USB port to charge for three days. This might sort it.

Shay69

May 24, 2020
Plug the Nyon into a USB port to charge for three days. This might sort it.
Hi Croxden yes the display has been on charge for a lot longer than 3 days but it doesn't make any difference

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Hi Croxden yes the display has been on charge for a lot longer than 3 days but it doesn't make any difference
Oh, shame.

Can you borrow another to see if it's the unit that's gone bad or put yours on another bike? An Intuvia unit will work on yours as the conections are the same but the Nyon will not fit work on an Intuvia base.

Hope you go on OK, keep us informed.

Shay69

May 24, 2020
Oh, shame.

Can you borrow another to see if it's the unit that's gone bad or put yours on another bike? An Intuvia unit will work on yours as the conections are the same but the Nyon will not fit work on an Intuvia base.

Oh, shame.

Hi Croxden
I bought a new nylon display and the problem carried over on to that
Oh, shame.

I bought a brand new nylon display and the problem carried over on to that
And I bought a brand new intuvia that worked well for a while but now that has got the same problem just thinking is there a way of wiping the memory clean because before this happens I did a download on the nylon and ever since I've had this problem

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Hi Croxden
I bought a new nylon display and the problem carried over on to that

I bought a brand new nylon display and the problem carried over on to that
And I bought a brand new intuvia that worked well for a while but now that has got the same problem just thinking is there a way of wiping the memory clean because before this happens I did a download on the nylon and ever since I've had this problem
A new Nyon and an Intuvia, cricky it's cost you a bit. Cheaper to junk the bike and get something else.

Bosch have a web page where you can ask for assistance. Try https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/service/contact/

Fingers crossed it will all work out.

Shay69

May 24, 2020
A new Nyon and an Intuvia, cricky it's cost you a bit. Cheaper to junk the bike and get something else.

Bosch have a web page where you can ask for assistance. Try https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/service/contact/

Fingers crossed it will all work out.
Hi Croxden
Gosh that's a bit harsh hehehehe well I seem to be throwing a lot of money at the bike and I've asked Bosch for help and all I got back was bring the bike to them so they can check it over but the nearest Bosch workshop to me is London

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's the problem with Bosch and the likes where you can't carry out any electronics work, you are 100% tied to a dealer so if you haven't a local one where the bike is purchased from you have to travel to one which for some may be a few hours minimum journey.
The worse bit is some won't even deal with you if you bought the bike elsewhere , yet under warranty you should be able to take a Bosch anywhere.
One reason to think very carefully before you buy a tied in manufacturers bike whether Bosch, Shimano or Yamaha etc, make sure the purchase is a local dealer near to you .

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: sjpt

Shay69

May 24, 2020
That's the problem with Bosch and the likes where you can't carry out any electronics work, you are 100% tied to a dealer so if you haven't a local one where the bike is purchased from you have to travel to one which for some may be a few hours minimum journey.
The worse bit is some won't even deal with you if you bought the bike elsewhere so, yet under warranty you should be able to take a Bosch anywhere.
One reason to think very carefully before you buy a tied in manufacturers bike whether Bosch, Shimano or Yamaha etc, make sure the purchase is a local near to you dealer.
Hi Nealh
Yes my mistake but then I don't think I'd of had all the extras,I've had a lot of comments from people and work mates it's a true head turner and a wicked peace of kit a pleasure to ride

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Hi Croxden
Gosh that's a bit harsh hehehehe well I seem to be throwing a lot of money at the bike and I've asked Bosch for help and all I got back was bring the bike to them so they can check it over but the nearest Bosch workshop to me is London
I travel a long way to OnBike but find they are worth it although they were not able to sort out the failed upgrade to my Nyon on my Hybike. It wiped out all the maps and killed the internet conection but the bits that mattered most to me worked. But I do like things to be working even if I don't need them.
I am on my fourth Bosch bike so there must be something good in them. Perhaps I shouldn't have said that...

Reactions: Amoto65

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I travel a long way to OnBike but find they are worth it although they were not able to sort out the failed upgrade to my Nyon on my Hybike. It wiped out all the maps and killed the internet conection but the bits that mattered most to me worked. But I do like things to be working even if I don't need them.
I am on my fourth Bosch bike so there must be something good in them. Perhaps I shouldn't have said that...
It's like anything if the ones before have been reliable and work for you well then there is often no need for change.

Shay69

May 24, 2020
Hi Croxden
I think Bosch are about the best reading so many good things about there bikes,I ride 5 miles a day to work when the Nylon lets me down it becomes a pain there so much drag having fat tires. I was thinking about buying a Cobi system but I'm scared that the problem would carry over onto that

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Hi Croxden
I think Bosch are about the best reading so many good things about there bikes,I ride 5 miles a day to work when the Nylon lets me down it becomes a pain there so much drag having fat tires. I was thinking about buying a Cobi system but I'm scared that the problem would carry over onto that
If the replacement Nyon and the Intuvia haven't sorted the problem it would not be wise to risk something else. I know how desperation feels but don't do it. There will be a solution beyond throwing money at it.

Can you try another battery?

Shay69

May 24, 2020
If the replacement Nyon and the Intuvia haven't sorted the problem it would not be wise to risk something else. I know how desperation feels but don't do it. There will be a solution beyond throwing money at it.

Can you try another battery?
Just had a look at replacement prices omg £400 upwards