Haibike - minor woe

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Hi All,

I've got an ageing Haibike Xduro (2012) which still basically works OK, except it now only has 3 assist levels instead of 4. The Sport and Turbo modes are exactly the same, and I think I've lost the Turbo mode.

Not the end of the world, but if anyone's got ideas for a (quick and cheap) fix, I'd be very pleased.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Hi All,

I've got an ageing Haibike Xduro (2012) which still basically works OK, except it now only has 3 assist levels instead of 4. The Sport and Turbo modes are exactly the same, and I think I've lost the Turbo mode.

Not the end of the world, but if anyone's got ideas for a (quick and cheap) fix, I'd be very pleased.
Maybe the software senses the ageing battery can't supply enough power any more, and defaults Turbo to a lower level.

Not saying this is exactly what's happening in your case, just a thought.

Reactions: VictoryV

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Interesting idea. It's the same with a newer battery, although it's not that new any more, so maybe you're right. No way of checking sadly, short of buying a new battery, and they're a bit tricky nowadays because it's (relatively) so old that there's no knowing if a new battery really is new, or has been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for years.

Hey ho......

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Reminds me of computers.

When you buy em they're all fast & wizzy. Few years later they seem to slow down to a crawl even though you think you are doing much the same on them.

I've always mused over whether the manufactures / os providers / software houses build in some sort of redundancy that makes us rush out and buy the latest model.

Wonder if that idea has ever occurred to the e-bike manufacturers?? ;);)

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Reminds me of computers.

When you buy em they're all fast & wizzy. Few years later they seem to slow down to a crawl even though you think you are doing much the same on them.

I've always mused over whether the manufactures / os providers / software houses build in some sort of redundancy that makes us rush out and buy the latest model.

Wonder if that idea has ever occurred to the e-bike manufacturers?? ;);)
Heaven forfend!

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015