Haibike sDuro Hard Seven or Trekking

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the thing is tho no dealer can fix a bosch motor it has to go back to bosch to be fixed if its in warranty that is.

and even if it is out of warranty they still want the motor back b4 they will sell you a new one anyway. its crazy??

also most dealers will void the warranty if using a dongle bar ebike shop.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
BTW, this sale had been ended "due to an error in the listing".

probably sold it got mine from the same person ;)

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
the thing is tho no dealer can fix a bosch motor it has to go back to bosch to be fixed if its in warranty that is.

and even if it is out of warranty they still want the motor back b4 they will sell you a new one anyway. its crazy??

also most dealers will void the warranty if using a dongle bar ebike shop.
I can only surmise the reason why they want the old motor. One could be that they want it for testing to find the cause of failure as they offer a great warranty and want to offer trouble fee products. The other reason, I suspect, is that if you had to pay for a motor without a return, you'd pay much more for it. I am only speculating as I do not know why they do this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott clarke

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
they don't want unauthorised assemblers to get hold of their motors.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
they don't want unauthorised assemblers to get hold of their motors.
Control freakery from Ze Germans sounds likely, but there are so many Bosch motors in circulation, anyone - 'unauthorised' or not - can easily get hold of one.

I expect Shimano bought a few Bosch bikes and pulled them to bits before releasing Steps.

The Japanese certainly did that with motor cars until their design engineers caught on to European tastes.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
even the shop that sells new motors thinks bosch are completely nuts with there sales policy, ppl in Germany are right peed of with it as well.

also the performance bosch motor is 350w not 250w thus why a dongle gives you more speed as it just unlocks the 250w limit.

so i cant see why using a dongle would void the warranty as you just using the full power it was made for in the first place.