Haibike trekking 6 Hybrid Vs Raleigh Motus Hybrid

Peddletothemetal

Just Joined
Mar 26, 2022
Which bike is better for pulling a bike trailer(children one) mainly going on cycle paths, roads and flat paths.

Thank you!

Philip Copley

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2018
Which Raleigh Motus? The Trekking 6 has 70nm torque, I'd go with whichever has the highest nm of torque to tow and by extension, then a bigger battery to cope with that

rjobes

Just Joined
Feb 18, 2022
Which Raleigh Motus? The Trekking 6 has 70nm torque, I'd go with whichever has the highest nm of torque to tow and by extension, then a bigger battery to cope with that
Trekking 6 has the most torque at 70 nm and 500 wh battery, Motus Tour has 40 nm with 400 wh battery and Motus GT 50 nm with 500 wh battery, both bikes made in same factory but Trekking 6 is Yamaha motor and Motus are Bosch

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
You shouldn't have any problems pulling a child trailer on reasonably flat roads with even the least powerful of those bikes, and the 400w battery should give you 30 miles range in 'tour' mode.

For long term sustainability and repairs you might be better off with something with less proprietary electrics; such as https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?santana3. Once out of warranty any problems with Bosch or Yamaha systems are likely to be costly; and battery replacement will be expensive too (but battery should last getting for 10 years with a little care).

Reactions: Philip Copley

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
You shouldn't have any problems pulling a child trailer on reasonably flat roads with even the least powerful of those bikes, and the 400w battery should give you 30 miles range in 'tour' mode.

For long term sustainability and repairs you might be better off with something with less proprietary electrics; such as https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?santana3. Once out of warranty any problems with Bosch or Yamaha systems are likely to be costly; and battery replacement will be expensive too (but battery should last getting for 10 years with a little care).
I’ve previously had the Raleigh Motus GT and found it to be very powerful. I was five stone heavier then, around 20 stone at the time and had no issues with it pulling my weight.