Haibike Trekking

Geome

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
UK
I am thinking of buying a Haibike Trekking and I am bit confused by the sizing I am 5ft 5 and have been advised to purchase a 48cm bike would this be correct

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
im about the same size and my frame is 48cm/19inc wheels 27.5 inc

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
That sounds about right. I have one and absolutley love it. My old BH was great but theTrekking is a whole new level of great :D

Electric Transport Shop

Official Trade Member
Aug 7, 2010
Hi Geome, sizing instructions point you in the right direction if you can't sit on a few to test. Haibike seat posts do not go all the way into the seat tube and although this can be altered if you can visit a shop to sit on one that would be the best option. We have shops here: https://www.electricbikesales.co.uk/stores please call ahead to ensure we have the correct sizes in stock.

MRMAC9

Pedelecer
May 24, 2015
I am thinking of buying a Haibike Trekking and I am bit confused by the sizing I am 5ft 5 and have been advised to purchase a 48cm bike would this be correct
Were you considering buying one with a Yamaha motor or the much more expensive Bosch motor? I'm coming around to the idea of a Haibike trekking ebike but I wondered why such a difference in price?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Were you considering buying one with a Yamaha motor or the much more expensive Bosch motor? I'm coming around to the idea of a Haibike trekking ebike but I wondered why such a difference in price?
Yamaha - and Shimano Steps - bikes are generally a bit cheaper than Bosch ones.

Not much in the riding experience, although some people find the Bosch slightly more refined.

The availability of a 500wh battery for a Bosch bike would be a big factor for me because I like longer rides.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
giant bikes have the Yamaha motor and 500w batts :)

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012

MRMAC9

Pedelecer
May 24, 2015
Good point, well made, although the OP is keen on a Haibike trekking bike.
I'm lucky enough to have a Haibike outlet about 12 miles from me. Greenaer NI are an extension of the successful Greenaer shop in Dublin. I'm looking for a quality bike with a reliable motor and battery and have up to £3k to spend on a bike I really like.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The Yamaha lets you have a double chainring on the front. That can be useful when you live where I do for example but not so much on the flat.

• Informative
Reactions: Izzyekerslike

Lumos

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2015
One thing that I learnt was that sizing on Haibikes is not consistent across the range, so I use 44cm AMT Pros and 47cm NDURO Pro and they feel the same. The geometry on the Trekking will be different again so I would urge you to sit on the actual bike before committing.

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
My wife is 5ft 5in and her Haibike amt rc sduro is a 40cm frame. Mine is a 44 frame and I'm 5ft 7in. These are big bikes and I'd suggest you need to try before you buy. I wouldn't want a 48cm. It would be much harder throwing the bigger bike round the hills and trails.

Geome

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
UK
I think the trekking is different again in sizing I am a 52/53 in a road bike so in the trekking I calculate 48cm should be okay I hope

Plasmadaddy

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2015
London, UK
The Yamaha lets you have a double chainring on the front. That can be useful when you live where I do for example but not so much on the flat.
I had the double chainring on my old Hard9.
Can honestly say I never felt the need to drop onto the other ring and I ride up some pretty steep climbs!

I've got the Bosch now on my UrbanRC and it tackles everything really well.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Different types of bike frame means that 44 cm is not the same thing

Here is the bike discount frame size calculator

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
I am 5'5" also and my Haibike trekking (bosch) is 48 cm.. Got the unisex model with kinky crossbar :)

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
It's been a long time wissy, kept after school were you?

• :D
Reactions: wissy

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Actually quite close to the truth that comment.. Had heaps of inspections and more responsibilities blah. Added to that, have not had any problems with my Haibike... Not a flat, nothing. Very disconcerting. My 'spare' brand new but about 2 years old now, KTM still in bedroom waiting for an issue with Haibike... Poor thing...

Geome - the trekking is brill!!

Geome

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
UK
Actually quite close to the truth that comment.. Had heaps of inspections and more responsibilities blah. Added to that, have not had any problems with my Haibike... Not a flat, nothing. Very disconcerting. My 'spare' brand new but about 2 years old now, KTM still in bedroom waiting for an issue with Haibike... Poor thing...

Geome - the trekking is brill!!
Thanks wissy I will post a review when I receive mine.