Haibike Xduro Race

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
It's the 45kmh S pedelec which is illegal in this country, however the Kalkhoff BS10 is sold here with the same capability, so maybe, if Haibike are willing to sell it here. Best to speak to the Haibike dealers.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Haibike

Anyone know anything about this bike and if they'll be coming to the UK?
Hi Richy,

These models are a bit of a test for Haibike themselves, to put their toe into the water into the road bike market to see if ebikes fit in there.

We are not bringing in the UK at current nor in the new year. But if the market becomes big enough over here for these style of bikes it may be considered.

As said above they are the 45kmh motor, so may be a little difficult over here regarding current legislations.

I must admit it does look like a lovely, well made ebike..

Regards
Martin

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Nice bike, I like that mirror, and here's the UK legal version I take it Haibike

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The Haibike is available as Race and Superrace.Race is a drop handlebar,Superrace is a straight handlebar.
The spec is basically...
28" wheels
Alugabel forks
Bosch 350 watt centre motor,400Wh battery
Shimano Ultigra 11 speed gears
Shimano XT or Magura MT 4 brakes
Weight 18.0 kg.
now the best bit,EEC price....euros 5999.00
Haibike and KTM has put in writing to me that they will not be importing the S class bikes into the UK,because of their illegality.
Having said the above I tried a 250 watt and 500 watt hub motored bike,with swiss drive and I must say I was surprised how little performance difference there was up the Eurobike hill.
Hope that helps
KudosDave

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I want one.
Damn they are nice, especially the XDURO Superrace 28. I'll have to see what my German relatives can up with price wise. One of them is coming over in a van at Easter time, and I'm sure that sticking a bike in the back shouldn't prove too difficult. ;)

Not sure how can it be considered dabbling their toes in the water if you can't even 'officially' buy one over here, and certainly seems a shame that only the Urban will be available over here. :(

Last edited:

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
Tend to disagree about any warranty issues.
I have bought 2 bikes from Germany , only issue has been when I had to send it back to be updated.
Not a great deal can go wrong . Cost me £90 through schenker to ship . They sent it back foc .
Total time 7 days.
Also the support has been better than uk distributors on my other bikes . Not to mention any names but one slippery supplier was like a cat being sick , "they move backwards"

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Also the support has been better than uk distributors on my other bikes . Not to mention any names but one slippery supplier was like a cat being sick , "they move backwards"
That sounds like BH Bikes UK. From my experience and at least one other person here, the warranty isn't worth the paper that it's written on.

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I'm sure you can easily get the models which aren't sold here sent by European suppliers ?

e.g. Haibike Xduro Superrace 28 400Wh 10-G Sram X0 50cm 2014 - BikeStore.cc Österreichs führender Fahrrad Onlineshop

It also appears that the 400wh battery puts out 11ah compared to the 300wh battery which only puts out 8.2ah. According to the Bosch website, if I am reading it correctly, this gives an extra 30% in both energy and range.
I must admit that be it road bike or off road bike, the higher spec motor/battery, along with the massive price savings, buying in Germany is beginning to look even more appealing. Swap the pound symbol for the Euro symbol, and that is the price before even negotiating a deal.
Searching around over the last few evenings has also brought up some very favourable deals on various models, and having German relatives that frequently pop across here to the UK, could also make the buying process much easier.

As for warranty issues. I don't see this as a problem. With no dealers directly on my doorstep, taking into account fuel costs and lost income, it would be less hassle and cheaper just to ship any bike back to Germany for repair.

Last edited:

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
I've now had 2 Haibikes direct from Germany. They've arrived in perfect nick and with minimal assembly required, they work, and given Haibike and Bosch quality, I really don't expect any warranty issues.

With apologies to Martin, who is a good guy and I'd have bought from him if he could have come near German prices.

Reactions: EddiePJ

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
I used German eBay, searched for Haibike xduro, and bought from Fahrrad Becker both times. They were doing end of year sales, and I sent what I thought was a relatively derisory offer, which was accepted :) I probably saved 15-20% on the buy-it-now prices, which were themselves well below list.

Reactions: EddiePJ

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
I've now had 2 Haibikes direct from Germany. They've arrived in perfect nick and with minimal assembly required, they work, and given Haibike and Bosch quality, I really don't expect any warranty issues.

With apologies to Martin, who is a good guy and I'd have bought from him if he could have come near German prices.
Hugh, never mind, at least you are doing your bit to help the German retailer. Ours can wait.

Last edited: