Haibike /Yamaha issues

OldPhot

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 14, 2015
I rang the bike shop today to get an update and they had some good news for me. Raleigh the importers have a repair process that involves sending the offending piece back to be assessed and either fixed or replaced, it then has to be put back on the bike and hopefully it's then sorted. However the bike shop took the view that this bike had failed so very soon after purchase and so insisted for a complete replacement bike. The dead bike will be returned and assessed and I'm sure fixed up by Raleigh's engineers etc, meanwhile the bike shop get to keep their customer happy and provide good service, which is why we chose to buy our bikes from them in the first place.
Me, myself I am very relieved as it means that my £3K GBP investment wasn't wasted and that I will get a 100% bike back. A number of times this week I have had to ride a standard bike for commuting duties and you really notice the difference an ebike makes for covering ground efficiently. It would be interesting to find out exactly what went wrong and caused the error to happen in the first place.

deejc

Aug 17, 2016
London
I found the service manual online & found it to be error 28 (Torque Sensor). The Bike shop now have it back & the engineer has been told to remove the sensor, send it back to the distributor and only then will they send out a replacement.
i had exactly the same issue on monday on a 2016 haibike hardseven, i also consulted the service manual and cleared the fault and its been fine since.
It seems the error 28 comes about after major chain/cassette slipping, mine is a bit worn after 1750 miles and so it slips if its dirty with the power on maximum.. but seriously, get the BS to re-read the manual and clear the error before replacing parts, if the error comes back straight away then its probably faulty hardware.
im hoping mine is just dirty chain and cassette,fingers crossed, has your new bike been OK ?

Martin61

Just Joined
Jun 18, 2017
England
My Hard 7 is playing up. It will be working fine then the speed will jump up and down as high as 45 and back to day 2 every second sometimes it will just read zero. It will work fine for a while and then go weird again. Any ideas ? ( no dongle)

deejc

Aug 17, 2016
London
Is the magnet in the right place on the wheel ? Maybe a misread

Sent from my UMI SUPER using Tapatalk

Martin61

Just Joined
Jun 18, 2017
England
I'm pretty sure the magnet is in the right place because it works well sometimes but then for no obvious reason it misreads.

deejc

Aug 17, 2016
London
No idea then, if there isn't a code it's pretty impossible to know, check all connections, make sure it's clean etc

Sent from my UMI SUPER using Tapatalk