Hailong battery mounting issue

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
I am about to install a hailong battery on my modder Vulcan e spec, it has 3 custom mount holes I was just going to use 2 of them. What I didn't realise is they are spaced wider than normal bottle holder holes and it won't quite fit. Am I going to have to drill the frame or is there an easier way?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Decided to drill the battery cradle through the metal part, should work
You can do that but you should fit two M5 aluminium rivnuts to get the best fit.
make sure there is enough gap for the chain to go between the ring and the battery case.

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
You can do that but you should fit two M5 aluminium rivnuts to get the best fit.
make sure there is enough gap for the chain to go between the ring and the battery case.
Thanks, I've mounted it using the original hole at the top and then drilled the metal housing where the wiring is at the bottom as the Vulcan has 3 screws the length of the original battery. I have used the top and bottom which give an even load, can't really do the middle as it's plastic and the battery pins are in the way. If I have issues with it holding I'll use one of those bottle holder position shifters to get the third screw in

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Now up and running, wow 48v is a blast! Didn't realise how powerful it would actually be, I have to actually concentrate when I ride now