Halfords 48 hour test ride

Audio2

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2015
I borrowed a Carrera Crossfire E & was generally quite impressed. Tried it up the three steepest hills near me, two up onto the Chilterns. Required bottom gear & quite a bit of effort from me, heart rate 134, but climbed steadily at about 10 kph hills which are at least 10%. Battery range seems a little short did 22 miles climbed 900 feet mainly on eco, full power on major climb, average heart rate 104. Battery full at start 5 bars down to 2 bars at the end. I weigh 12 stone 7 lbs.

Halfords had failed to charge the bike when I collected it, only two bars. Totally out of power after 3 miles & one short steep hill. Then road three miles home with no power, not too bad to pedal unassisted. They have allowed me to keep it for an extra day.

I liked the fact that it mainly felt like a normal bike but with lots of assistance from stationery. When on tour mode it did seem to want to make you go at 15 mph all the time, I seemed to be getting a worh out rather than admiring the view.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I seemed to be getting a work out rather than admiring the view.
that's the effect of having a torque sensor.
You have to contribute between 25%-50% of the work, the bike supplies the rest.
Much harder climbing a hill and riding on flat roads.
Cadence sensor lets you pedal as much or as little as you choose, even on hills.

Reactions: mike killay

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester