Halfords carrera fury 2013 model with hydraulic brakes

Paulturn

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 26, 2015
New Ross Killkenny Eire
Ok so been looking at various kits ,thinking mid drive as best power transfer option but not closed to rear wheel motor as cheaper option .

The biggest problem i see here is my location as i live in Eire and many suppliers won't deliver to here as EU .

Although there may be a way ,AN POST our postal service have recently set up a service called address pal where goods go to a address in herts then are forwarded onto my local ost office at nominal cost of 3.50 euro up to max 20 kg.

any suggestions here guys .

Paulturn

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 26, 2015
New Ross Killkenny Eire
although looking at wooosh webstite they do seem to offer delivery to Eire or Europe 1.

Advice on build still much appreciated as novice to this really but competent at own cycle maintenance.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
BBS are tried and tested any faults seem to have been omitted esp Fets on the 02's. The new GSM with integral controller is a cheaper alternative but has some issue/failings with reliability and build/quality control, several posters on here have had probs. My 1st one gave up the ghost with only 250 odd miles clocked up, there is also a GSM motor only option which needs an alternative controller this may be a better opton.
Hub wise the Bafang BPM/CST are very good but heavy and large at 180mm another lighter smaller alternative are the 120mm Q100's or 128's from BMSB in China.
You need to say what you expect from a kit and the usage you are using it for
as you can build to any spec as there are so many battery and controller options as well as hubs.
For instance Alan's MTB with 500w hub is for sale and as he say's it goes like a stabbed rat for about £275 a great bargain for a 1st foray in to e bikes.