Halfords ebike battery

detec52

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2011
My halfords assist 24v battery is coming to the end of its life, I don't want to pay there fee for a new battery, the battery case looks like its easy to take apart, just wondering if it would be or could be replaced with some decent batteries as I'm sure the ones inside are on the cheap side as it's only just over a year old, used once or twice a week and always charged after use.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
...it's only just over a year old, used once or twice a week...
I'm fairly sure your battery is guaranteed for 2 years/500 cycles.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes first check on the warranty for the battery, most one would think would be about 2yrs. Other wise any 24v battery with just a two wire/two pin discharge will work.
For recommendations show us a pic of the battery.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Thanks for your reply it's 12 months on the battery
You don't say which Assist model you have, but if you go to Halfords website, click on the specification tab, and check "Battery Warranty" for each of the three Assist models Halfords offer, the Hybrid model, the Step-Through model and the Crossbar model all say "2 years, 500 cycles".

According to Halfords Assist manuals, Halfords have the ability to read the battery and determine exactly how many cycles you've used.

I'd be chatting to Halfords first. But it's your money...

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The assist 24v ebike which is £499 has two year warranty on all electrical components, a battery is an important component.

The Assist Hybrid Electric Bike 2021 - 20" Wheel is the perfect commuting companion. With just one turn on the pedals you will be able to ride up hills and against the strongest winds, like they did not even exist. The bike has a 12 point pick up that means the motor is more sensitive to the turn of the pedals and will kick the power in quicker. Depending on the terrain and the rider’s weight you can travel up to 20 miles on one charge and only charge back up in 2-3 hours. Also, there is a walking mode feature that will help you push the bike up a path or if its fully loaded with shopping. When it comes to hop on hop off city traveling, the Assist is the perfect bike. Rest assured, this model also comes with a 2-year warranty on all electrical components.

Battery:
A reliable 4.8Ah battery with a range of up to 20miles* per charge, the Assist is a great entry level Electric Bike for those leisurely rides or small commutes.

Last edited:

detec52

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2011
Many thanks I will go back and ask for manager as it was a young girl who told me 12 months on battery.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
All electrical and battery components have 2 year warranty, it is only the non electrical components that have a 1 year warranty.
Scroll down the page to specs on the LHS select the specs and all info is in there.