halfords ebikes freego raptor query

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hi all just joined Halfords website, under electric bikes they have freego raptor.
which they order from ebikes direct its single speed 5.5ah 24v 2 year battery warrenty and about 30lbs £500

I have seen the raptor mentioned before but I cannot see what the gearing is , or how many levels of assist there are

thank you

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the Raptor is a single speed.
Fron the pictures, it looks like 16T (R)/45T (F) to me.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
46 T front from counting teeth between two mounting bolts and times five :D
16 on the back looks about right.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I hate the horizontal dropouts on the Raptor.

Fat Andy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 3, 2016
I took delivery of mine yesterday! I went for the two battery model and have just returned from a little jaunt.
This is my first experience of pedelecs and as I expected it does require a little readjustment. I'm used to a very light 18 speed part carbon Trek hybrid and although I'm no cyclist, can get along at a fair pace (given the right conditions) On the Raptor there is a pronounced "cut-off" at the limit and it's odd to try to push it beyond that on a hill or even the flat. I think I will have to adjust to the limit and just enjoy the ride.
One surprise was the tyres. I was expecting some 700 X 32 hybrid style tyres but they are 700 X 25 and pretty slick.
I realise that the Raptor is a "light assistance" bike but though it would climb moderate hills better? Perhaps 16 stone is a bit much for 200W

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I took delivery of mine yesterday! I went for the two battery model and have just returned from a little jaunt.
This is my first experience of pedelecs and as I expected it does require a little readjustment. I'm used to a very light 18 speed part carbon Trek hybrid and although I'm no cyclist, can get along at a fair pace (given the right conditions) On the Raptor there is a pronounced "cut-off" at the limit and it's odd to try to push it beyond that on a hill or even the flat. I think I will have to adjust to the limit and just enjoy the ride.
One surprise was the tyres. I was expecting some 700 X 32 hybrid style tyres but they are 700 X 25 and pretty slick.
I realise that the Raptor is a "light assistance" bike but though it would climb moderate hills better? Perhaps 16 stone is a bit much for 200W
Out of interest why did you change from your Trek to an electric bike?
KudosDave

Fat Andy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 3, 2016
Out of interest why did you change from your Trek to an electric bike?
KudosDave
My commute has changed from less than 2 miles each way to 9.5. It's reasonably flat but my knees have suffered from carrying around too much weight! I still have the Trek and hope to still use it, but the freego will probably become the daily workhorse.