halfords ebikes seem to have had a price hike?

it is i footpump

Pedelecer
Jul 6, 2018
was in my local halfords to see if any deals were going on ,looking at the ebikes there seems to have been a price hike.

the Carrera ebikes seem to be £1250 down to £1000 the folder was £600 last year now £750.

the carrare with 3 levels of assist was £850 now £950

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I went in and wasn't too impressed. One of their bikes had the active line motor described as Bosch top of the line motor..
I suppose I have been spoiled by all the high tech stuff I have seen elsewhere..

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
Probably so they can be discounted to boost Christmas sales.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
Yes I think that's right - they have to be selling them at a certain price for 3 months I think before they can describe any lower price as a sale price. I paid £1250 for my carrera e back in the summer,
If the bike being referred to above as having the active line Bosch is the Crossfuse e then I can confirm that it really does have the Active Line PLUS motor and not the basic active line that their website and other blurb says.
Mike

robgul

Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2017
UK
Price hikes are probably to do with a import duty increases on Chinese e-bikes - all part of anti-dumping legislation from the EU

Rob

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Michael Love

Pedelecer
Aug 26, 2018
Ya Ynow, if I knew then what I know now, I would have lived with the crossfire cutouts.
The crossfire, for a couple hundred quid more gave me:
Hydraulic disk brakes
Lcd screen
Larger battery
Less prone to rusting.
More powerful motor
Torque sensor.

Pity Halfords never want to see my face again :)

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
I went in and wasn't too impressed. One of their bikes had the active line motor described as Bosch top of the line motor..
I suppose I have been spoiled by all the high tech stuff I have seen elsewhere..
To be fair if it's the Active Line Plus 3rd Gen they can get away with calling it the best provided it's on a tourer rather than a MTB.