hall sensor error ... ktlcd3- info 3

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I am using a 9 pin extension cable between the controller and motor and have double checked both connection ends too.
One will also need to carry out continuation from the motor connector and the Hall board inside the motor , for which one will have to also open the hub up.
I would add a continuity check on the extension cable, I have had one fail before.

Reactions: thelarkbox

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
wheel out and sensor checking it is then.. thanks for the direction.. fingers crossed for a dry joint or similar that a reflow may fix. ..
You don't need to take the wheel out to test the sensors. All you need is a voltmeter to test them at the controller connector while switched on.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One has to logical and methodical when testing , no use doing all the nonsense continuity tests until one can confirm the Halls are switching and show this occurring. Once one has the answer then one can mess about testing wires/cables and joints.
In case the cable was tugged , one should double check the Julet motor connector is fully home to the marked line.

In this case the issue occurred when the motor cable axle nut/wire was knocked. If after testing for a faulty Hall there is still an issue , one then may need to test the short motor cable from the axle axle entry to the Hall PCB inside the hub. Damage however remote may have occurred with in the cable outer sheaf that can't be seen.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Again Thanks for the direction, I shall test the sensors from the controller end working backwards to the wheel, eliminating its connecting cable before reaching the wheel if any sensor errors are detected/confirmed.

Tho its a case of a full garage and cold n wet weather limiting my bike exploits atm..
is this a standard 9pin motor cable pinout? (green phase under the connecting arrow?)

to test ive googled this..

via vids n posts..

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Again Thanks for the direction, I shall test the sensors from the controller end working backwards to the wheel, eliminating its connecting cable before reaching the wheel if any sensor errors are detected/confirmed.

Tho its a case of a full garage and cold n wet weather limiting my bike exploits atm..
is this a standard 9pin motor cable pinout?

and the test is to test the voltage on each sensor wire after applying 5v to the red wire and -ve to the common ground, the upto 5v sensor readings should occur on turning the wheel when the meter also shares the common ground, thanks again..
What connector do you have at the controller end of the motor cable?