Hardseven 1.0 Yamaha PW SE noise

Hardseven1.0

Just Joined
Jan 23, 2020
Hi,
I had been looking for an ebike for many months and finally splashed out on a Haibike Hardseven 1.0 with the yamaha PW SE motor.

The bike is great for me and as expected but I do have a noise from the motor when not putting pressure on the pedals, as in just turning or when I stop pedaling the motor make a strange noise.

I can only describe it as a squelching type noise.

Is it normal to have a noise apart from the slight motor whine. It's the only e bike I have ridden so can't compare?

Jayfdee

Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2018
Hi,
I had been looking for an ebike for many months and finally splashed out on a Haibike Hardseven 1.0 with the yamaha PW SE motor.

The bike is great for me and as expected but I do have a noise from the motor when not putting pressure on the pedals, as in just turning or when I stop pedaling the motor make a strange noise.

I can only describe it as a squelching type noise.

Is it normal to have a noise apart from the slight motor whine. It's the only e bike I have ridden so can't compare?
I have a full seven with the same motor,it only makes a whining noise under power, so I would take it back.
Incidentally the Yamaha is louder than my bafang ,not annoying, but noticeable.

Hardseven1.0

Just Joined
Jan 23, 2020
Thanks for your input, it's good to get another opinion.

I have checked all bolts and even lubricated chain again to eliminate things, although it is the motor as it is silent when motor is off

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
My front forks make a squelching sound when working. It's normal for the one I have. I do know it is often dammed hard to find out from where those annoying or worying sounds are coming!

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
i have a yamaha pw se motor aswell and must say it is quite noisy compared with other motors. Bosch seem alot quieter in my opinion.
I do not have any other noise apart from when powering along.

Hardseven1.0

Just Joined
Jan 23, 2020
It's a hard noise to explain, but anything other than a general motor whine is a concern, it's worse in eco and eco plus as I presume the motor isn't working as hard and not under as much load.

I've only done about 70 mile and obviously don't want it to develop into anything worse.

I'm hoping to take it in on Sat morning and will update on here.