Has anyone bought a rear light alarm with remote control?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Well I did about a year ago and I am most pleased with it, except that I could not purchase a spare remote control!
The unit I bought, was this one, but from another seller:-
I recently found, ordered and finally received this remote control unit, which works perfectly with my rear light alarm:-
Just in case anyone else is also searching!!!
My buttons are labelled A B C and D, not as shown here!! But who cares at that price? The picture buttons would have matched up perfectly with my alarm.....
Regards
Andy433MHz-Wireless-Auto-Remote-Control-Duplicator-Key-Fob_600x600.jpg

Reactions: Paul Kay

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
If you copy off the words " 433MHz Wireless Auto Remote Control Duplicator Key" and paste them into fleabay you'll find quite a few on sale, some labelled alphabetically like your original.
Funnily enough my original remote has icons on the buttons like the one above, good idea having a spare though.

VillageIdiotDan

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2019
So [and sorry, I'm sure it's in the description] but is the idea that you set it when you walk off and if anyone moves the bike the alarm goes off?

I'm out in woop-woop but still useful for the shed

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
So [and sorry, I'm sure it's in the description] but is the idea that you set it when you walk off and if anyone moves the bike the alarm goes off?

I'm out in woop-woop but still useful for the shed
The alarm reacts sensitively to tiny vibrations, firstly only giving a short alarm, but if the vibrations continue or restart, it then goes into "long" alarm mode....
Useful if strong winds affect it when its parked outside.
Trying to remove or cut a chain or similar would set it off, probably making the thief need to change his shorts!! It is LOUD!
When riding, it has a handlebar mounting and several functions, a horn to warn people ahead and a multi program rear LED from flashing, or running light or just on modes.
I have translated the Chinese English for the remote controller that I bought, but its very easy to program and use and through the house had about a 30 yard range or so, farther outside of course.
Its in Word form if anyone needs it.
Looking on ebay, there are dozens of similar remote control units starting at under 2 UK Pounds! Probably with the same parts inside!
regards
Andy

Reactions: VillageIdiotDan

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Many years ago I had a first with a device like this...I built my own.
For the alarm I used one of those open window warning devices that you fix to the window frame and a magnet that attaches to the window itself. If someone tries to open the window the magnet moves away from a reed switch and triggers the alarm.

I removed the reed and replaced it with a mercury switch that closes when tilted, then as with our alarms I fitted it under my bike seat.
It worked well for years but I had a few funny moments with it, like the time my bike shifted slightly when leaning on a wall outside Homebase. A security van was parked right next to it at the time and with my alarm shrieking for all it was worth the security guys couldn't figure out what was up with their truck, bikes didn't have things like that in those days so no one looked at my humble steed. Then it went off in a block of flats and every one though it was a fire alarm, fun and games in those days !

Ironically I suspect if this alarm sets off nobody will take a blind bit of notice of it...such is life.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I feel that the actual idea is that YOU hear it......I am almost always within earshot of my bike....at home, in town. I trust nobody!!
Andy