Has anyone ordered from Bmsbattery lately?

iain85

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2010
It's time to build e-bike number 2 and just wanted to know if Bms battery was still the go to outfit for kits and batteries? Thanks in advance.

iain85

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2010
Hi D8veh,
Actually you advised me the last time ! I'm hoping to build a similar kit to what I ordered previously albeit with a smaller battery as I'm rarely getting past the green light going out on the battery indicator!
I've got a 36v v 20ah battery and the bafang 500w rear wheel drive kit with the twist throttle I am really happy with it but I was wondering if there has been any advancements on battery size as I could be keen to get a bottle battery type to ease fitting? The 36v 20ah lump is quite weighty and if at all possible I would like to maintain the 'oomph' provided by the existing kit but I don't mind sacrificing range as like I said I'm barely getting the green light to go out on the battery indicator?

Many thanks,

D

Deleted member 4366

You can get one of those pod type batteries that go in the triangle from Em3ev.com.

D

Deleted member 4366

The BMS on that one is only rated at 10 amps! You need one rated at 20 or 25 amps.

D

Deleted member 4366

Some can provide enough for 20 anps max, but not the 30 amps for a KU123.

iain85

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2010
I see, would I notice a huge difference in the real world compared to the 20ah 36v lump? I do relie a fair amount on the throttle for the off road sections.

D

Deleted member 4366

Torque is directly related to current, so if you go from 30 amps to 20 amps, you'll have 2/3 the torque.

If you go for a slower wound motor like the 201 rpm one (code 14 or higher), it'll climb hills just as steep, but more slowly.

iain85

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2010
Ok thanks. I think I'll give this combination a go. Can you please post a link to a battery from Bms with the 20amp current you suggest?

D

Deleted member 4366

They don't do a frame-mounted one - only rack-mounted like you already have. If you search Aliexpress, you can find bottle batteries They normally have a capacity of 11.6ah. You have to check the specification in the listing to find the discharge rate.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
The last order I put in with BMS took about 6 weeks before it was dispatched. After that, it arrived within a week or so, and I had to pay £60 import taxes on a £390 order.

My guess is that they are having trouble keeping up with demand. My order was for a battery (10ah shrink wrap), a rear BPM in 26" rim, and a load of bits n Bob's.

I may just have been unlucky.

iain85

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2010
Thanks all, I may just order what I already have again then and just cope with the weight again.
Is the 6 week lead time due to the battery not being allowed on a plane?

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
No, it took 6 weeks before they sent it. After that I presume it came by air.
The battery had a sticker on it declaring it as a 3.2v power supply.

D

Deleted member 4366

My last order for a battery, which was a couple of weeks ago, only took two weeks to arrive.

Reactions: iain85