Have I ruined my Ezee Quando battery?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's very true, working with hub motor bikes can be more difficult, the way the motor works isn't always in tune with the rider's effort. I always say that hub motor bikes are motor vehicles with pedal assistance, and the Panasonic motored ones are bicycles with motor assistance.

That's right on the eZee battery, you can use it freely while it's showing amber or green at rest, but when it's red at rest it's time to stop using it. In fact with all lithium batteries it's best to charge little and often, avoiding running to empty once the first couple of conditioning uses are over.

Ractoc

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 13, 2009
I'll probably get a new ezee battery then!

Don't like the sound of having to do half the work!

Thanks to everyone for all the information, I feel much more well informed now

Harv

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nimh vs Li connectors

I was thinking my situation might fit in this thread.

I have an eZee Quando with an NiMh battery (Serial # NEX 07050052.) I ride and charge it regularly and ride it to discharge at least once per month. It appears to be strong.

I also have an eZee kit motor with a Lithium battery. The lithium battery has Anderson connectors but does not have the connectors (name unknown) used by the Quando (NiMh) battery.

I would like to have 2 connectors on each battery (add an anderson connector to the Quando and (name unknown) connector to the lithium battery) to make them interchangeable with each bike.

I have read admonitions against opening the case and I would probably have this done professionally.

Is this a feasible option or is there a better solution?

Advertisers