Have Kalkhoff Include

English Tim

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 22, 2017
Dorset
Hi everyone, 3 months ago I bought a Kalkhoff Premium Include, with Evo motor and Impulse battery. I did a fair bit of research before buying from a local dealer Jurassic Bikes, of Weymouth.

Unfortunately, although they run ebike tours, they don't do their own maintenance, instead subbing it out.

I now have a problem with motor randomly cutting out, the display showing a message 'wait for drive'. Eventually after changing settings it will return to normal, but it's very frustrating. Apparently it requires a software update, but I'm far from convinced and I'm regretting not buying one with a Bosch motor.

If they don't fix it, it may have to be returned as not fit for purpose.

D

Deleted member 4366

The shop that you bought it from is responsible for fixing it if it's under warranty.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Despite your not having confidence in the bike shop, it's important to register the problem asap and equally important to give them the opportunity to fix it. Things go wrong. It happens. If they can't fix it, then ask for a refund and go of something with a notably more reliable drive unit.

Gaz

English Tim

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 22, 2017
Dorset
Despite your not having confidence in the bike shop, it's important to register the problem asap and equally important to give them the opportunity to fix it. Things go wrong. It happens. If they can't fix it, then ask for a refund and go of something with a notably more reliable drive unit.

Gaz
I have told them and they are ordering a 'service module', but I feel concerned as I did a lot of research and was set on a Bosch, until Jurassic persuaded me that all the bikes they use for tours have these Evo motors and were so reliable.

They're on holiday for a week, so I guess I'll have to wait a week to find out if they can 'deliver'!

My experience with various bike shops is that few people know much about this subject, only knowing about the models they sell.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Jurassic Bikes seem to pride themselves on customer service and awards they've received. It would be good to hear that they'll live up to these standards. Glad they know about your bike's fault, and good luck for getting the matter resolved without ado.

Gaz

D

Deleted member 4366

I have told them and they are ordering a 'service module', but I feel concerned as I did a lot of research and was set on a Bosch, until Jurassic persuaded me that all the bikes they use for tours have these Evo motors and were so reliable.

They're on holiday for a week, so I guess I'll have to wait a week to find out if they can 'deliver'!
Never ever trust a salesman. I learnt that lesson wnen I was young.

Reactions: Steed