Have you ever seen a clamp i am looking for

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
59BD8CEA-6AAA-4B4D-86B5-8CB416979199.jpeg Have you ever seen a 31.8 mm handlebars post clamp like this but with 2 quick release levers? I cannot find one anywhere. Maybe it’s not really a safe thing to do?

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Mmmm
I think it’s the quick release handlebars make me nervous
That’s not my problem thou I can’t say I’ve seen anything like this but it might be out there somewhere

Good hunting

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Am I missing something here - is that piccie of a seatpost clamp not a handlebar clamp?
It looked like a double seat post clamp to me it has the stop inside to stop it going on too far as well ,
But I hadn’t seen the application so was not going to comment
I was more concerned about qr handle bars :)
But concerns have been laid to rest now .

Reactions: Marwood Hill

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
I am wondering if it’s possible to fit a hinged kit to a handlebars post. Is there such a thing or does all bike hinges have to be welded together?

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
I'm not sure what you mean by "handle bar post" ... do you mean the stem?

What are you trying to achieve?
Imagine for example a folding bike like the Coyotte Connect without the folding handlebar stem post. I can reduce the size of my folded bike to fit the smallest of cars if i loosen the two bolts on the clamp pictured above and pull the stem out. It would be good if it was hinged. Just a thought really.

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
Thanks for this. This is just the job if the measurements work out. I would not be able to use the upper half as i have got unique split folding handlebars. See my photo below of my bike with handlebar stem detached and just hanging by the cables.