Having some issues with my first electric bike...

Keith Weston

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 30, 2017
Hertfordshire
Hi all, I recently purchased a Pro Rider - E-Voyager. The person I got it from was let's say, less than honest. I am having a few mechanical issues which I can get sorted out but the main issue is with the speed settings. Speed setting 1 works Ok but both speed setting 2 and 3, the result is the bike cutting out completely. I then have to switch off and on again. Looking over it, I have spotted something a bit suspect. I have no idea how e-bikes work etc but it looks like a bit has broken off. I have attached 2 pictures. Any help would be appreciated. Does this look like something that would be causing it to short out? What is it? Does it look like it is something that needs replacing. Thank you for any help in advance.

Attachments

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Keith Weston

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 30, 2017
Hertfordshire
Hi Tommie, makes sense. When I use the test bit on the battery, it always shows full but haven't taken that as a true indication. Appreciate the reply.

D

Deleted member 4366

Your pictures don't give enough context to what it is. take a couple from further away.

Your symptoms suggest that you have a knackered battery or bad battery connections. Show us a picture of your whole bike so that we can see what you have.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing