Heads-up! 2019 Ebco centre-drive e-bikes £1099 (£500 off).

RichB

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2013
I don't think the fact you like your bike has ever been in doubt but there are issues with the MH-05 version I'm afraid, that's what we are talking about.
I wouldn't comment or try to discredit your view of the USR-55, as I've never ridden it. If you're happy with it, that's the main thing.

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
I also have to say I bought the Luvall helmet so no instead of cycling gritting my teeth I cruise listening to radio 4 ( which over the last months is more stressful than the ride). All in all I'm converted . Everyone should have one.
Instead of the Livall Bluetooth helmet my partner & I have each got a Sena R1 which has a fantastic communication system that allows us to chat to one another while out on our rides. The sound is very clear with obviously some clever noise cancelling going on. I tend to cycle more quickly than her & always wobble & weave a bit if I have to look round to check she is still with me but now it's much better when we can chat although the range is a few hundred metres. More expensive than the Livall but highly recommended if cycling as a couple. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FM22N9W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: wildrover1888

wildrover1888

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 30, 2019
You say that the 15.5mph cut off is not the bikes fault but I would disagree with that. All of the bikes I've had have had the legal cut off but none have implemented it as harshly as the Tranzx motor. Makes the experience a bit too much like hard work for anyone whos natural pace is above 15.5mph (which is a lot of people).
difficult for me to know as its my first e-bike

Reactions: RichB

wildrover1888

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 30, 2019
if anyone does manage to adjust to nearer 19mph before cut out let me know as I will do it but have no idea how to. As for the bike . Cracking ...well made ...glad I got it when I did ...do think it was a bargain

Michael Love

Pedelecer
Aug 26, 2018
Is it not in this thread to go buy another rpm sensor from eBay,

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/282081298635

or unscrew the one on the rear wheel spoke. Glue or drill/screw the magnet from that sensor onto the inside of the crank of a pedal that is on the same side where the sensor is screwed to the bar that holds the back wheel. Take the actual rpm sensor off that bar, turn it around and somehow attach it back on the bar near where the magnet on the pedal crank would pass the bar, making sure to face the sensor towards the new magnet in the same way the sensor faced the old magnet. Now the controller only sees how fast you pedal, not how fast the rear wheel rotates, and so if you pedal slow, the controller will keep the power to the motor until you reach the max speed the motor can go with respect to the load on it.
I would not do that to a brand new bike, but if I had kept it, I might have done after some months.

Last edited:

Michael Love

Pedelecer
Aug 26, 2018
I had another thought about this.
Buy the sensor magnet combination that fits onto the crank axle like the Pas sensor on the other side, because the Pas magnet disc is usually a push fit onto the axle.
Remove the pedal crank on the LHS. Remove most or nearly all the magnets on the disc you bought. Push this disc onto the crank axle with the magnet facing inwards. Place the sensor as near s possible to this disc, making sure the sensor faced the correct way and this should do the same job as above.

Michael Love

Pedelecer
Aug 26, 2018
I see the MH-5 is for sale again on Halfords site, and still only the medium sized model. Would they have repacked my bike and put it up for sale again?

Michael Love

Pedelecer
Aug 26, 2018
I put another review on Halfords site both for this MH-5 and for the Voodoo Bizango.
Colin/Chardy1 on Cycle Republic/Halfords mentions a clutch in the derailleur that had to be lossened to lessen the pedal resistance in the voodoo bizango. I wonder could the MH-5 have suffered the same issue, since both bikes seem to have same derailleur?
Too late now though since MH-5 is OOS again.