heinzman wiring

mygrumpy

Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2006
Sutton, Surrey
Hi All.from the motor to the controller,have Red,Blue, and to small Black wires.anybody now what the 2 small Black wires are for. i fink the Red is +,Blue is -.anybody know where i can find a wiring diagrame for a Heinzman motor.John

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
I believe the two small wires are for the temperature sensor. It is a normally-closed switch that opens at around 60 degrees C. This can be hooked to the controller to disable the power when the motor gets too hot.

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
Hi Fecn. not using a Heinzman controller.will it still work if i left them open. John
If you're not using the temp sensor, then that's fine (until the motor overheats unexpectedly one hot summer day). - I believe you can just wire it in series with a brake lever cutoff though and it will have the desired effect, cutting out the motor power the same as when you hit the brakes. It is a good idea to connect the temp sensor if you can as there have been problems for Heinzmann users in hotter countries - Apparently if the epoxy inside the motors gets too hot then it can soften and the magnets inside can come loose.

Last edited: