Heinzmann 250w 24v bike for sale

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
SOLD

Wheeler 7005 Dutch stile bike with heinzmann electric kit cost new over 1500 pounds. The motor is the 24 voltage versions and 250W.
Been well looked after, new chain sprockets and tires resently fitted there are minor sratches and little markes on the bike from normal use and a small tear on the seat, I snapped the key off in the battery box lock but can still be tuned on and off with the spare key. and the bottom bracket has a little play init.
has a top speed of 15mph (UK limit for an Ebike) and takes less than 2 hours to fully charge the battery. (7amp Nicd)
Looking for 500 pounds, I am in Norwich city if any one whats to come and see it.

Here are a few specs
Frame: Wheeler Ergonomic Light Frame 7005 aluminium • Fork: suspension fork RST Smart T6 adjustable • circuit/Rear derailleur: Shimano Alivio 24 speed • Derailleur: Shimano FD-C051 • Shift levers: Shimano ST-EF 29 • Crankset: Shimano FC-TX 71 • bottom bracket: industrial bearing compact, sealed 122,5mm • Handlebar: Wheeler Trekking Comp Rise Comfort • Stem: Wheeler aluminum stem, heights- and adjustable tilt • Saddle: Wheeler competition Comfort • Rims: Grünert Dynamic 2 aluminium extruded • Spokes: stainless steel 2.0 • Hubs: VR/ Shimano DH-3N30 hub dynamo HR/ Parallax aluminium • Tyre: 700 x 35c / 28 inch • Seat post: aluminum spring-mounted • mud guards: SKS Chromoplastic with edge protection / V-strut • Brakes: Tektro 855 AL V-Brake • Brake levers: Shimano ST-EF 29 • Illumination: Shimano hub dynamo, Basta 9430 halogen headlamp

Heinzmann kit
All Heinzmann hub motors are brushed-DC motors - the type Heinzmann have tested extensively and know are tough and reliable. These drive a two-stage gearbox, which drives the wheel through a roller clutch - so there’s absolutely no drag when the motor is not being used, and because the motor is brushed it’s also very smooth - there’s no “cogging” (notchiness in the power).
All Heinzmann motors are built to the same basic plan, for front or rear wheel fitting. The motor is spoked directly into the rim,
So why is the Heinzmann motor so good? Read on, and be warned - this may get a bit technical!
The Magnets: The magnets in a motor are one half of the torque-producing system - they produce the magnetic field which the coils act against. The stronger a field you can fit into a small space, the better. Heinzmann only use the best quality rare-earth magnets, for the highest possible magnetic flux density.
The Coils: The coils are the other half of the system - and the trickiest bit! The trick is to fit as many coils in as possible, able to carry the largest current you can manage. Heinzmann’s coil designs are very sophisticated (and very secret!), but manage to squeeze in a lot more power than all the textbooks say is possible - up to 3 horsepower in some motors!
The Bearings: The bearing which a motor and gearbox run on are vital - they are going to get a lot of abuse and no maintenance! Heinzmann only use genuine SKF sealed bearings, not cheaper far-eastern imitations.
The Gears: The gears are the only real wearing parts in a motor and gearbox, so they have to be good. Heinzmann’s are made out of hardened steel, with a helical tooth pattern to reduce wear.
The Castings: Although it’s bigger than a standard hub, there’s no superfluous metal in the Heinzmann hub - everything is machined down to save weight without sacrificing strength.
The Thermistor: This is the bit almost all other systems miss out! The Heinzmann motor has a built-in thermistor which keeps an eye on the motor temperature.
As you can see this is a very high spec bike and kit.
If no one is interested on this forum it will be on eBay in a week or so
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

brigaf

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 14, 2006
south lincs
Thankyou for the bike Andy and especially for delivering it to Stamford.It is the most grown up ebike I have had.
My first was a low price chinese import,very heavy with only single low gear but it did reintroduce me to cycling after a stroke and gave me back some independence.It was sold to a friend and is still used by him.

My second bike .an ezee sprite was bought through the pedelecs forum classifieds. Obviously this was a great improvement and I travelled far and wide on it for about 3 years. the battery is now failing.A replacement was needed.I had decided to add a motor to a mountain bike and had already sourced a bike when I saw aaannndddyyy's post in the classified section.we agreed a price to include delivery and the bike is now mine.I am very pleased with it's cool appearance and the riding experience is so much more like an ordinary bike.I am really looking forward to getting to know my new steed.