Help! Hello and help :)

techie_stephy

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 23, 2020
Hello,

I've got a 2nd hand Viking Hopper bike thats had a bit of a rough ride. It's currently not working, i think it might be the controller as i;ve checked all wiring and the motor seems to be fine? I can't seem to find a controller online that either looks the same or has the same wires? Any ideas?

Thank you!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You have to post pics of controller label/writing and also nice ones of the wiring/connectors, there are so many controllers we can't guess at what you might have.

techie_stephy

May 23, 2020
You have to post pics of controller label/writing and also nice ones of the wiring/connectors, there are so many controllers we can't guess at what you might have.

Hello,

sorry i thought it would be a standard thing for that make. i'll go take photos now!

techie_stephy

May 23, 2020
So taken photos of current controller ( cant read anything from it) but i think its 200w 24v and the wires coming off it,
then wires coming off bike,
as far as i understand it ( correct me if i'm wrong - its kinda what i worked out/assumed)
red and black and power go to battery,
yellow, green and blue are 3 phase motor wires to controller,
thin 4core wires go to lcd 'display'
2x red and black maybe go to brakes? i think i followed one wire and thats where it went. not sure about other.

green, black and red wires go to the assist bit.

Hope this helps and thank you for looking :)

Steph

Attachments

Reactions: Markxc40

Cammy

Just Joined
May 23, 2020
Hi, I’m Cammy and a Pedelec newbie. Can anyone help me please?

I’m an above knee amputee and am looking to buy either off the shelf or have something custom built for me and was after everyone’s views.

I’d be looking to use only one leg so after a fully electric set up with throttle control. Is this possible?
Next thing I’d need is an automatic stand and the ability to not pedal at all.
Lastly maximum range would be nice and reassuring.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated in advance.

Many thanks.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
So taken photos of current controller ( cant read anything from it) but i think its 200w 24v and the wires coming off it,
then wires coming off bike,
as far as i understand it ( correct me if i'm wrong - its kinda what i worked out/assumed)
red and black and power go to battery,
yellow, green and blue are 3 phase motor wires to controller,
thin 4core wires go to lcd 'display'
2x red and black maybe go to brakes? i think i followed one wire and thats where it went. not sure about other.

green, black and red wires go to the assist bit.

Hope this helps and thank you for looking :)

Steph
Controller is a Lishui LSW861.
Display is an analogue led with 3 power stings, it uses only four wires.
Getting hold of a 24v Lishui will be nearly impossible unless one appears on ebay used.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hello,

I've got a 2nd hand Viking Hopper bike thats had a bit of a rough ride. It's currently not working, i think it might be the controller as i;ve checked all wiring and the motor seems to be fine? I can't seem to find a controller online that either looks the same or has the same wires? Any ideas?

Thank you!
The best option is to replace all the electrics with a KT 24v controller kit, so new controller, lcd or led display, Pas sensor, throttle and brake cut out levers. Cost about £100.

techie_stephy

May 23, 2020
The best option is to replace all the electrics with a KT 24v controller kit, so new controller, lcd or led display, Pas sensor, throttle and brake cut out levers. Cost about £100.

ok thank you i will have a look about, :)

Markxc40

Pedelecer
May 15, 2020
Stephy I'm new to e-bikes but after reading your post I noticed this down in the Trade Promotions & Offers section which mentions the exact controller you are trying to fix. Might be a lead to follow. Its position is just below where you posted your post.
Here's the vid>>>

Regards

Last edited:

techie_stephy

May 23, 2020
Stephy I'm new to e-bikes but after reading your post I noticed this down in the Trade Promotions & Offers section which mentions the exact controller you are trying to fix. Might be a lead to follow. Its position is just below where you posted your post.
Here's the vid>>>

Regards
Thanks! will take a look :)