Hello ebikers

Bob Corfield

Just Joined
Oct 27, 2014
I started riding electric bikes in 2008 when I was working in Bristol (hilly city). The bike was a Powerbyke and when I retired, I sold it to a neighbour and it's still going strong on the original battery. I then gave up electric biking when I retired and went back to mountain and road bikes. However, a dog in the front wheel of my Basso road bike caused me to come off and smashed up my hip. This was in March 14. I managed to get back on my bikes within a couple of months (thanks to the fantastic NHS pelvic repair in Bristol). But it wasn't the same - I sold the Basso and my Giant Rapid (a fast hybrid) and decided to go back to electric biking. The Giant was a fantastic bike - beautifully built with quality fittings so I decided to investigate Giant's electric bikes. I now have a Giant Twist Lite - again beautifully made and much easier to ride with a bit of amps to assist the old hip. I'm still doing ranging trips but it looks as though 20 - 30 miles should be possible with a bit of intelligent use of the 3 power options available. I continue to maintain the neighbour's Powerbyke so I have gained a bit of knowledge about ebikes and how they work (or don't!).

Reactions: GloveMakingMan