Hello everybody!

20mph

Just Joined
Jan 30, 2024
Hi everyone,

I'm Paulina, a 30+ enthusiast of all things adrenaline, with a particular fondness for eMTB and motorcycles. For me, these aren't just hobbies; they're my go-to antidepressants and exercise motivators. There's nothing quite like the thrill of speeding down trails, the wind in my face, and the serene beauty of the wilderness to make me feel alive and connected to the world. Riding out of the city, into the embrace of nature, is my perfect escape. Excited to join this vibrant community of women riders and share stories, tips, and maybe some trails. Let's ride the journey together!

Cheers, Paulina

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
welcome, all sorts in here from enthusiastic hill climbers and athletes like yourself to lazy gits like myself grateful for the power to haul the shopping home. And if anything goes wrong with your bike the resident experts and collective wisdom is at your disposal..

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi everyone,

I'm Paulina, a 30+ enthusiast of all things adrenaline, with a particular fondness for eMTB and motorcycles. For me, these aren't just hobbies; they're my go-to antidepressants and exercise motivators. There's nothing quite like the thrill of speeding down trails, the wind in my face, and the serene beauty of the wilderness to make me feel alive and connected to the world. Riding out of the city, into the embrace of nature, is my perfect escape. Excited to join this vibrant community of women riders and share stories, tips, and maybe some trails. Let's ride the journey together!

Cheers, Paulina
Welcome to the forum, Paulina.

You're very lucky that you came to this forum because I think I can help you achieve your dream. I can see something that's an obstacle, and I have an easy solution. The problem is your name and avatar/logo. What you need to do is take your logo and make a mirror image of it so that the two 20s are on the left of the scale. You'll have to reverse the 0 and the 2, otherwise it'll show 02, which won't work. Once you have that change, there's one more small thing to do, and that's add the word "Minimum" to your name. This will allow you to break free to limitless speed and enjoyment. Let's face it, 20 mph is really for OAPs and scaredycats - no adrenaline at that speed.

20mph

Just Joined
Jan 30, 2024
This is related to my initiative which I will try to blend into other discussions (I've tried to post a separate thread about it. but it's awaiting for approval), which is about increase maximum assistance limit for ebikes ;)

And speed isn't the only factor which could rise adrenaline level in our blood! Trying to do some technical, steep descendings or fun green line riding on motorcycle at slow peace, but trough deep, moody pothole can do the trick as well!

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
No one on the road is decrying the shortage of adrenaline are they?? trust me I am thankful for every adrenaline free journey i take on the roads..

And for off rd ridding there are options that allow you to maintain a bike compliant with regs for the road that can be easily configured for significantly more power delivery when appropriate.

Do you have a specific bike mod or conversion in mind? or perhaps if you could describe your requirements for a bike, a suitable configuration could be suggested?

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Not sure about Woman riders in here. Maybe ride like old women, with the wind blowing in whats left of their hair ;)

Jerry Atric

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 8, 2023
20mph for OAP's and scaredy cats Senegal !! As a 77 year old OAP, if you're up for it, I can meet you at Donnington and you can bring your BMW and take on this scaredy cat on our 1198 RS Ducati race bike, it's not far from Telford .

All this freedom and wind in the face bs, is ok until it all goes wrong. Just be careful Paulina, that it's the right trail, and not one with a kiddie in a pushchair coming up the hill !

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
This would have been worse going faster. There was a lot of adrenaline after this happened at 12mph.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
20mph for OAP's and scaredy cats Senegal !! As a 77 year old OAP, if you're up for it, I can meet you at Donnington and you can bring your BMW and take on this scaredy cat on our 1198 RS Ducati race bike, it's not far from Telford .

All this freedom and wind in the face bs, is ok until it all goes wrong. Just be careful Paulina, that it's the right trail, and not one with a kiddie in a pushchair coming up the hill !
Yeah, and I'll bring my Saturn 5. See if you can keep up with that. Yah boo sucks to you!

Jerry Atric

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 8, 2023
Yeah, and I'll bring my Saturn 5. See if you can keep up with that. Yah boo sucks to you!
Don't tell anybody but riding it to the scrutineering bay is a bit scary these days

I have done 5 conversions so far, 4 Tongshengs and a Baarfang...... 3 Claud Butlers, a Raleigh and something that came from Decathlon, which all looks quite robust.
I have acquired a really good condition Marin Palisades Trail which I'm thinking of Converting for my 14 year old granddaughter, no big watts and legal.
As it's a fairly lightweight bike, and you have a lot more experience in the bike trade, what would you advise ? Do you think it could be a viable Conversion?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

18000bhp 400mph :p

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Don't tell anybody but riding it to the scrutineering bay is a bit scary these days

I have done 5 conversions so far, 4 Tongshengs and a Baarfang...... 3 Claud Butlers, a Raleigh and something that came from Decathlon, which all looks quite robust.
I have acquired a really good condition Marin Palisades Trail which I'm thinking of Converting for my 14 year old granddaughter, no big watts and legal.
As it's a fairly lightweight bike, and you have a lot more experience in the bike trade, what would you advise ? Do you think it could be a viable Conversion?
The best kit for a 14yo girl, assuming not a fattie, would be a lightweight rear motor, like Q100/ AKM100, KT 15A sinewave controller and any small bottle-type 36v battery. You won't find that stuff together as a ready-made kit, so you have to buy individually from Aliexpress, Ebay, Amazon or the well-known Chinese resellers. That will give more than sufficient power, range of about 30 miles and be light enough for a girl to handle.

Reactions: Jerry Atric

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth

Reactions: Jerry Atric